'A coup for China': Analysts react to the world's largest trade deal that excludes the U.S

He gave the green light for human rights violations as long as they bought soybeans.

1 Like

Early 1990s Francis Fukuyama, is that you?

1 Like

I was reading that exports from the US to China account for about 1 million US jobs. Since Jobiden’s Build Back Better Plan is going to create 18 million new jobs, we’re still 17 million new jobs to the good.

1 Like

They didn’t want to be.

They were aligned with us…then we dumped them because everything Obama had to be dismantled.

2 Likes

And even scrapping the TPP wouldn’t have been that bad of a move it the Trump administration had something in the works to replace it the next day.

But he didn’t. So we get nothing.

You sound upset that the US wasn’t part of this trade agreement with an untrustworthy miscreant.
I would think that not getting into agreements with untrustworthy entitites would be a good thing.

Wow so much not giving a ■■■■ about China and their human rights abuses as well as infecting the world. Is it the fact they are communists they get a pass and don’t deserve our ire?

I would imagine if we were doing business with a right wing fascist regime that had 1.1 million people locked in concentration camps and beating and whipping black people with canes there would be a much different response.

1 Like

Don’t worry…Biden will claim credit for what Trump is working on.

What is Trump working on?

Jobiden will fix it.

Yes…just like he will “fix” vaccine too. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s not what I’m saying.

I’m saying that I wish we would have done more to pressure our allies not to sign the damn thing.

IMO because media weaken, undermine Trump at every opportunity/corner it weaken Trump negotiating hand.

Or… and now hear me out… he is terrible at negotiating.

2 Likes

That’s possible. But my guess libs have weaken Trump negotiating hand…and China was hedging there bet on there investment.

How was Trump’s negotiating hand weakened?

What exactly did he negotiate?

What strong energy sector?

Not sure where you’re getting this from the posts that have been made in this thread.

It is wasn’t meant towards you personally JayJay, It just seems to go quiet when someone (Me at this point shines a light on what the CCP is doing over there) about what’s really going on over there. I am not sure why we would want to be in any trading block with that government they don’t seem to be to big of a step up from North Korea.

If anything the west should shun the CCP, the Russian government isn’t as bad as the CCP and we sanction the hell out of Russia. 1.1 minorities in concentration camps “meh” seems to be the response.

That “meh” happened because they agreed to buy soybeans.