'A coup for China': Analysts react to the world's largest trade deal that excludes the U.S

The only “counter weight” at this juncture…is a vaccine.

That’s not the only counterweight.

Look at how many of those countries were in the TPP.

Yeah…I know…you poll expert you. :sunglasses:

Market for what that we make?

I say again…look at how many countries in this new organization were in the TPP.

Who blew that up again?

1 Like

Credit cards?

Lucky I wasn’t President because I would shut down all trade with them for human rights violations.

1 Like

Short memories around here. All this talk about dropping the ball, and no one remembers we were working a trade agreement with the region before Trump blew that up?

I was hoping there would be at least some spirited defenses as to why blowing the TPP up was actually a good thing.

And who knows…maybe someone has good reasons…it obviously wasn’t perfect.

But to have nothing in its place…so now all these countries that were in it have done what the TPP was specifically designed to prevent from happening…entered into a regional marketing agreement with CHINA as the dominant partner.

And I bet if you probed, you’d find it one of the main reasons it was done because the current administration cannot be trusted.

But what do I know? I’m not an eleventy-dimensional genius like Donald Trump.

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I won the trade war!

I’m sure the corporate interests that financed your campaign would be thrilled with that.

They don’t need a deal with Biden anyway since they own him and his family lock stock and barrel unfortunately.

1 Like

Ask me if I would care. I’d be fine with one term if that is the penalty for doing the right thing.

The point is you never would have gotten that far unless you completely lied about your intentions toward China during the campaign.

I am going to guess China isn’t real popular in America right now, so I don’t think that’s a given.

Maybe not popular with the average voter, but corporate America still loves China’s money and needs open trade with China to function. How far would a Republican candidate get in the primaries by threatening to tank the US economy over human rights violations on the other side of the world?

1 Like

if pacific nations want to be dominated by china… let them. hunter will make a fortune

You think Corporate wanted Trump? Nope and yet…

not true.

Corporate America gave the Trump campaign tens of millions of dollars partly because they knew he would never do what you’re suggesting.

1 Like