A Conservative Judge Draws a Line in the Sand With Trump Administration

That’s providing the laws that congress pass is legal.

Well, yes. What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

I’m guessing you didnt bother to read the thread before you posted. Should I give you a minute to catch up?

I read enough of this thread…either way it doesn’t change the problem we face with laws based on precedence laws now does it?

Whatever the problem you have with “precedence laws”, I’m sure you can start a thread on it.

I have no idea what it has to do with the topic of this thread, which is about the Trump administration ignoring court orders.

He’s in good company… Abraham Lincoln did too.

What are you babbling about now?

Kites

Boy not even pretending you don’t think the president should be a king. . .as long as it’s a Republican.

Well at least you won’t be able to grab your tricorner hats out of storage and pretend to be libertarians again.

1 Like

Oh they will try…I’ll laugh at them and call them morons when they do

clarification

Its a simple question.

should the President be allowed to openly violate the law or not.

so only illegal should follow the law, not the President.
noted you want a King.

Republican don’t care anymore its about owning Liberals.

they are drones they just repeat the same fake talking point over and over again like seals doing tricks for fish.

Wasnt needed

Sorry, I meant to say Abraham Lincoln did too.

Distinction noted. Soo… defiance of anything short of a Supreme Court ruling is cool? (Not to mention completely on brand.)

…but the illegal alien is? Nope.

1 Like

Which law is Trump or Barr supposedly breaking here?

“We deem all of the legal questions settled. For the purpose of this proceeding, at least, the Attorney General retains his power to grant waivers of inadmissibility, and immigration judges may exercise that power on the Attorney General’s behalf.”

It sound ludicrous to me for an immigration judge to exercise a power on the AG’s behalf to do something which the AG disagrees with.
It’s not exercising power “on his behalf” if he cannot countermand a use of his delegated power that he disagrees with.