94% of COVID deaths had underlying medical conditions

Doesnā€™t even begin with the long term ramifications of those that survive either; strokes, neurologic issues, cardiac issues, amputations, etc

1 Like

I would think the number of Americans with some type of underlying condition is almost as high as those without.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Slop from Various Threads +fd

A post was merged into an existing topic: General Slop from Various Threads +fd

They were totally going to die anyway so why get fussed?

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

No, they died because they caught Covid. The excess mortality for 2020 is already over 200,000.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that. It lines up almost exactly with what I was thinking

1 Like

Not true.

I know thatā€™s the latest talking point being bandied about, but had these guys not caught COVID, they likely would not have died.

Same thing happens if they catch the flu and die of complicationsā€¦we attribute flu as a CoD.

With COVID, this happens at a rate 5-6x greater then the flu, however.

2 Likes

Yeah, the number of excess deaths for 2020 is already over 200,000.

There will be a vaccine in spring. Better to wait until then than risk lives for a game.

Great but sobering post

2 Likes

This should be a call to be healthier. Ya know, take care of yourself and avoid diseases caused by your behavior. Itā€™ll save your life.

1 Like

maybe even go to the gym!

1 Like

No. You may get athleteā€™s foot. Thatā€™s an ā€œother medical conditionā€

1 Like

You have a lot of good points there.

The vaccine isnā€™t going to be a magic pillā€¦people will still get sick.

Iā€™m glad you and your family are OK.

When you say it was a cold, did it take the typical path of headache/sore throat > Nasal Congestion > Upper respiratory congestion and cough?

Or did it still have the aches and pains associated with the flu, but in a milder form?

I ask because a someone I have been in contact with claims they only have a cold - offering up no fever, no body aches, and their illness following the traditional path of the cold - and Iā€™m trying to figure out wether I should instead treat my contact as if they have COVID.

Yeah those flu vaccines donā€™t keep everyone from getting it. It helps maybe.

And I wrote that whole post and never once suggested that it might get magically better on or about November 4!!!

Itā€™s actually pretty divesting that this one virus effects such a wide range of conditions that it can be fatal to any number of them.

But no matter how you slice it, 180K americans are dead because they caught the virus. There is no solace in knowing most of them also were obese, or had diabetes, or had asthma, or had a heart conditionā€¦