94% of COVID deaths had underlying medical conditions

Oops. We probably weren’t supposed to hear that until nov 4th…if ever. :grin:

1 Like

By Nov 4th we will be closing in on a quarter million Americans dead from the disease.

Not sure why people are going back to saying that this is no big deal.

1 Like

What it means is that our reaction, was/is an over reaction.

What reaction?

The one that’s being masked.

Wearing a mask is an overreaction?

No… it means that people with already underlying conditions are more likely to die.

That isn’t an overreaction… it just means that people with underlying conditions are more likely to die.

We are a hair away from 190,000 people dead from this thing.

We. have the worst response of any other nation.

It is this “well it isn’t a big deal” attitude that got us here.

Shutting down businesses over this and bankrupting thousands…going trillions into debt…is absolutely an over reaction.

1 Like

It’s only money! Don’t people have money saved up for a rainy day? Seven years feast, seven years famine?

You know, personal responsibility?

There may be under-reporting of covid deaths as well, so the number is probably higher than reported.

1 Like

It isn’t about me…it’s about “we” and the government’s reaction was an over reaction.

This is pretty meaningless.
Here is the list given of prominent “preexisting conditions”.

• Influenza and pneumonia
  • Respiratory failure
  • Hypertensive disease
  • Diabetes
  • Vascular and unspecified dementia
  • Cardiac Arrest
  • Heart failure
  • Renal failure
  • Intentional and unintentional injury, poisoning and other adverse events
  • Other medical conditions

These probably take in everyone in the world. High blood pressure and diabetes take in 60% of people over 50. “Other medical conditions” will take in the rest of the population.

This sounds like something Dr. A. Quack Fauci would put out.

2 Likes

It probably is higher… but that is hard to prove and the official number is so bad that no other President would be allowed to hold office based on this response.

For some reason the supporters of the President refuse to hold him responsible for anything.

The buck always stops way over there somewhere.

My humble opinion…

We need to take Covid Seriously and I ve slways said we need to make sure we take special precautions for those who are older and have pre existing conditions…

My further humble opinion…the statistics on the coronavirus have been so bastardized…so completely manipulated because it’s an election year that the manipulation actually should be considered criminal…lives and livelihoods have been ruined by that manipulation just to win an election. If it’s been as bad as I think it is the people responsible should be jailed. They won’t be…but they should.

2 Likes

I take it some what seriously since i have one of those underlying side issues but i refuse to cower in fear from it.

I do what I think is reasonable NOT what the left demands we do.

So far i haven’t even had the normal cold for over 18 months. Knock on wood.

I m currently being evaluated for some kind of auto immune condition…lupus and rheumatoid arthritis have both been mentioned…I guess I’ll wait and see what the dr says.

But again imho this virus ain’t going away. You can postpone college football until the spring…what are you going to do in the spring when it’s still in our lives? Hide in a hole???

No!

We need to get back to living.

1 Like

I’d say most of them, if not all since the average death rate age is 78.

CDC equals “the science” that Democrats keep quoting while they continue to lock down the country and crash the economy.

Time to open up the country, the schools and businesses and vote out Democrats in November.

Well we eat out (usually where the fewest cars are parked outside) , go to church(small congregation with social distancing), grocery shop (with masks), and of course i still go to the shooting range. :wink:

I have the type 2 diabetes. Well under control with a 5.8 a1c but still that’s a problem concerning the virus.

My theory is you’ve either had it, you’ve got it or you are going to get it.

We ve all been wearing those stupid masks all summer and people are still getting sick. I m no dr but it seems the bottom line is there are citizens who need special care but until the rest of us are allowed to develop some immunity we as a country are just running on an extra fast treadmill going no where.

Finally, some sanity. This is a good and correct post.

We are going to lose 300,000+ Americans in 2020 alone to COVID. 20,000 of them may have been considered 100% healthy in every single regard. The rest may have had some other health condition from which COVID hastened their demise.

High blood pressure? High cholesterol? Obesity? Diabetes? All of which would be considered health conditions contributing to death from COVID. If a 60 year old man on blood pressure medication contracts COVID and dies, then he would be listed as having a health condition that contributed to his death. Would he have died this year without COVID and from his high blood pressure that is regulated with medicine? Probably not.

And now we have some here cheering as if this means COVID is not as horrible as it actually is. It’s ■■■■■■■ insane. We have people© in this country that have lost their ■■■■■■■ marbles. No connection to reality. Worms have officially devoured brains.

2 Likes