84 days of withhold aid drama

That doesn’t change anything I just said. You’ve been used my friend, by politicians and the liberal media alike that are pushing their political agenda. Hopefully you…will tell your children the truth about there only being one side that pushed this and that this act scared our Founding Fathers?

Indeed, it would scare our founding fathers that one side is completely protecting a president who abused his office to push for a foreign nation to interfere in our electoral process by announcing an investigation into his top political rival.

2 Likes

Ok -

The OP linked to the Washington Post in this thread. 19 minutes after Trump’s Inauguration the Washington Post ran this headline…

“The campaign to impeach President Trump has begun”

Newsflash - When the Dem’s retook the House we all knew Trump was going to be impeached in the House. We all know he will not be convicted in the Senate. Despite San Fran Nan’s claims to the contrary there was nothing prayerful or solemn about this…This is what Democrats have wanted since before Trump took office. There were how many failed impeachment votes before the left finally cashed in. The liberal left has been drooling over saying the words “Trump was Impeached” since early November 2016.

Pelosi said it had to be solemn, it had to be bi partisan, until it didn’t. Pelosi and Schiff and Nadler said it had to be done quickly so the evil OrangeManBad couldn’t meddle in another election, until it didn’t need to be done quickly anymore.

Dude this is the most credibility challenged impeachment in history. People much smarter than me are making the case that the only thing this farce has accomplished is to lower the bar of precedent for future impeachments. High Crimes and Misdemeanors just because “We don’t like you and you’re from the wrong party”.

Left wingers should be really careful about being too proud of “Trump was impeached”.

Maybe that’s the real gift of the liberal left in America today…Racism now means “How dare you disagree with me”. Impeachment now means “You’re from the wrong party and we don’t like you”. Personally I think the whole goal of this ridiculous circus sideshow has been to remove the American voter from this process. Democrats are way more worried about election meddling by those smelly ignorant Walmart shopping Rural American Rubes than they’ve publicly admitted to.

Nice job team…

2 Likes

He was impeached by house Dems and only the house Dems to be precise.

2 Likes

I will tell my children that Trump specifically told his inner circle to ignore subpoenas. I will also tell my children that if they are ever served a subpoena, they cannot ignore it.

In August 2011, Republican Congressman Michael C. Burgess of Texas agreed with a rally audience member that the impeachment of Barack Obama “needs to happen” in order to prevent Obama from “pushing his agenda”. Burgess did not mention any grounds for impeachment.

Will you also tell your kids there’s a process, whereby the subpoena’s can be taken before a judge to determine their ultimate validity and that rather than following that process the Dem’s in this case chose to just run roughshod over it?

Just curious to test your honesty here.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a sad day that the GOP didn’t have the testicular fortitude to stand up and tell Trump “No, you can’t abuse the Office of the President for your personal political reelection campaign.”

I believe the Founding Fathers would be fine with impeaching Trump over what he did.

Hamilton said it well in Federalist #65: "A well-constituted court for the trial of impeachments is an object not more to be desired than difficult to be obtained in a government wholly elective. The subjects of its jurisdiction are those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated POLITICAL, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself. The prosecution of them, for this reason, will seldom fail to agitate the passions of the whole community, and to divide it into parties more or less friendly or inimical to the accused. In many cases it will connect itself with the pre-existing factions, and will enlist all their animosities, partialities, influence, and interest on one side or on the other; and in such cases there will always be the greatest danger that the decision will be regulated more by the comparative strength of parties, than by the real demonstrations of innocence or guilt."

#1 As a Founding Father he points out - abuse of power is a valid reason for impeachment because it violates the public trust.

#2 As a Founding Father he points out - that even when abuse is present, the danger will be that some will put party before country and will vote based on party strength instead of real guilt or innocence.
.WW, PHS

5 Likes

I will tell them there is a process, but I will also tell them that no one should be told to ignore a subpoena.

IOW, he was impeached by a majority of the HOR

I just went back and did a quick google of that…it went nowhere was laughed at as it should have been. That great thinking Keith olberman called it flippant…

So I m not sure why you would bring it up because you just showed the hypocrisy of the Democrat party in the process.

Thanks…

I m rolling into a new year kids so go ahead and trash me. I ve made my points and believe they stand as written!

No one is going to trash you. It’s about debating ones positions.

Was there anything that needed to be investigated IYO?

What happened to the testimony of the “whistleblower”?

A lesson on balance of Power would be more prudent.

1 Like

You mean…having your son on the board of a company you personally deem as corrupt and get compensated huge sums of money is not corrupt? Just because Joe is running for POTUS does not excuse this. Ambassador Sondland testified that President Trump specifically stated…“no quid pro quo…just do the right thing”. What was the right thing IYO? Let this go? Ignore it?

1 Like

Don’t forget the secret bunkers.

That will be a more interesting footnote.

“I can only keep track of one thing”.

“No one cares about abusing power over Ukraine”

“No one cares about abusing power so long as our 401ks are doing well”.

They’re piling up…

3 Likes

Specifically, he was impeached by only the house Dems, who have the majority.

There is just no hope for the MSM and those suffering TDS, they’re off their rockers.:woman_shrugging: :crazy_face::roll_eyes: