6 atlanta cops charged with pulling 2 black students from their car

Dude…don’t tell me what to do.

We don’t know what happen prior. I do know majors and police will do anything to placate the radical left-wing extremist ATM.

And that’s a fact.

It all depends on the interaction that you could not here before the cop opened his door the first time. I am guessing the DA saw a camera view. They were recording when they went by the guy getting arrested.

Show your proof. Until you do, that’s NOT a fact, it’s an opinion.

Good. Maybe more property owners shoot to kill Biden supporters will think twice…but I highly doubt it.

1 Like

And neither has DA or you. People are scared of rioters/looters/Biden supporters.

Bad judgement from everyone involved is my guess? The cops went after someone they thought would be an easy target to get a message across about enforcing curfiew, by arresting the person outside the vehicle. The kids in the vehicle freaked out and got scared, making the situation worse, then the cops made a bad judgement by using excessive force on the kids with the vehicle.

1 Like

Yes…but I do like to know what happen. But my fear is they’re doing it to placate Biden supporters.

And yes…I’m tying in looters, rioters etc as being Biden supporters. So yeah…I’ve jumped on bandwagon and making it politically now.

Because a lot of their “orders” are bull ■■■■■

2 Likes

This one wasn’t racism… culture?

Why do you accept the presumption that all police orders must be followed?

1 Like

They got guns, judges and that shocker thing.

3 Likes

Upon discovering that a man who wrestled a pit bull that was attacking a small child was from New York, “Damned Yankee slays beloved family pet”

3 Likes

Pretty much. I like not dying, lol. Everyone should follow a couple of rules when dealing with the police.

1. Follow orders and be respectful. No matter how much of an ass the officer is being, don’t want to make any situation worse by hurting their egos.

2. Never talk to the police. Lawyer up first. (Haven’t had to follow this rule yet)

How about we fix it so we don’t need these rules?

Yes, probably.
But then ultimately a jury will look at the entire situation after all of this has died down. Then they will know more about all of it and make the decision.
In the meantime…not proven guilty.

Yes. A jury. In Atlanta.

I’m not sure if you are disrespecting Andrew Young’s town or the south in general.

When you develop a battery capable of going a full 12 hr shift on record mode you will become the richest man on earth. Cell phone makers will pay all the money to you for the rights to such a powerful battery.

Hopefully you will also be willing to pay all the money from lawsuits when officers end up recording themselves and each other nude while going to the bathroom or going into a locker room. Those videos will end up on the server and humans being humans someone will misuse them.

And hopefully you have a solution for how cops can download their videos since they can never turn off their recorders. And review their videos to make sure their reports are right - did she say he raised his fist and said “I’m going to kill you ****” or did he just hit her and then said that later. These are the kinds of things a case can turn on and is the difference between a simple battery (misdemeanor) and attempted murder or felony domestic battery.

Your also going to need to figure out how to pay for all the extra employees who will have to review and edit each officers bodycam to pull out the relevant parts for a case. Since it will always be on there will be no obvious breaks between the beginning and end of a call.

Snarkiness aside my bodycam, which is considered a top of the line camera, can run about 6-8 hrs without recharging. Plenty of time usually for a normal shift since we can take it off and put in the charger in our car. We have to put our bodycam in a download dock at the station for downloading - this can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minute depending on how much video you have and what quality it was saved as - you can classify on your recording - simple contacts where no police action is taken or minor calls go low quality (barking dogs, traffic stops where nothing happens, etc) while violent crimes, DUI’s, and felonies go on super high quality. . Normal procedure is when we go in to write our reports we drop the the bodycam in the download dock. Problem that does happen a lot is while sitting there typing a really hot call comes out that we have to go to - we jump up, run to our cars, arrive on scene, and reach down to turn on our bodycam which is still in the download dock because we forgot in the heat of the moment.

Always on sounds good in theory to people who have put next to no thought into the issue of what it would realistically mean. I mentioned many very real issues above.

2 Likes

And by the way cops love their bodycams. The public, most admin types, and police critics thought they would have to force them on us. Instead when they became an option officers begged to have them. My dept with a patrol division of about 45 officers only bought 12 body cams initially and the chief and captain assumed they would have to order officers to wear them. 43 of the 45 officers requested to have one of those 12 bodycams. The only 2 who didn’t want one were both old dinocops who hate technological change - I can still remember one always complaining even into the 2000’s “I don’t know why we have to use these stupid computers, a typewriter always works.”

I can’t even begin to tell you how many false racism complaints its saved me from. Especially since as a white cop its about a 1 out of 3 guarantee when dealing with hispanics and 1 out 2 guarantee when dealing with blacks that I’ll some variation of “your only doing this because I’m hispanic / black” thrown in my face. My favorite ever was when dealing with three teens who accused me and two other cops of roughing them and using all kinds of racial slurs. They and their parents showed up at the station, having already contacted an attorney, wanting blood. Then saw the recording and there was no fighting at all, the kids weren’t even handcuffed, and absolutely no slurs. Everything was super polite and professional. Seeing the parents anger shift from us to their own kids for lying was awesome.

1 Like

It’s two different matters that we’re discussing…or at least that I am. The first…is what I addressed, which is, what led up to this? The second is how the officers handled it, which is what the DA addressed.