6 atlanta cops charged with pulling 2 black students from their car

…cuz they didn’t but…nice “what if”?

I don’t. If I think they broke any laws, I’ll take it to the courts. IMO…out in the street isn’t the best courtroom.

The “Guy they killed in Louisville” was the perp who had been shooting at them first according to the video and eyewitness testimony.

The system is working, all six officers are being charged and will never work as cops again so what is your issue here?

Could be a gutless cowardly reaction to pander to domestic terrorism posing as protestors :roll_eyes: to hopefully avoid violent riots and vicious leftist media attacks. :woman_shrugging:

Call me crazy but I’d like to see all the video available from the incident including body and vehicle cameras and audio before jumping to conclusions.

I’m weird that way.

The city can make a deal to put camera battery chargers in every Dunkin and Krispy Kreme. Problem solved.

Actually it is easily solved. Spare batteries in the police station. You come in once a shift. Clock out (not for pay, for service) and change batteries, clock in and go back out.

1 Like

Most of those can be solved but getting quik disconnect. have it plugged in when in car. It can charge. If you forget to disconnect getting out it disconnects on it’s own. Hell I had those on my equipment in jets for 30 years. as for downloads, even the tiniest cameras automatically download on their own now days. no need to put in dock to charge or download.

The biggest barrier I see is cost.

These are almost always reported without enough information. The narrative is that cops want to harass, injure, and even kill black drivers. Driving while black.

But with the current anti-cop sentiments so rampant in the public sphere now, cops MUST have their body cams on. Without that, the court of public opinion will convict them based on the framed reporting.

As it stands now, the cops just wanted to pull random black people from a car. That’s all the info available.

Exhibit-A

It was the only one with blacks in it. :man_shrugging:

So…applying that…tell us what you believe happened to Epstein? :sunglasses:

Nobody needs look far to find such examples.

Anyone unable to admit it is just lying to himself.

2 Likes

The battery life and storage capacity to create such a body cam does not yet exist.

Of course not. This is a story designed to gin up outrage and entirely politically motivated with no attempt to actually inform the reader as to just what happened in this incident.

Had the Atlanta authorities not acted quickly, the rioting nationwide would have doubled. Inaction by the Minneapolis authorities regarding the Floyd killing was impetus aplenty to foment demonstrations calling for justice. Minneapolis should have charged at least the one cop immediately. By the time they finally did that, it was too late.

To me, charging the guys with a crime is NOT convicting them. And it is NOT an indication that the DA has clear proof of the crime.

There wasn’t a lack of action in Minnesota, that’s just what the media is feeding us.

They were fired immediately and the case was immediately turned over to the DA. Before they could even come up with appropriate charges an autopsy had to be done and witness statements taken.

This isn’t as cut and dried as a shooting.

The police did their job as did the DA and the GJ.

Even if they had been immediately arrested and charged (not proper in a situation like this) the end result we’re seeing would be the same because this was never really about Floyd’s death, his death was just an excuse to riot.

No doubt about it. My statement was in the context of current public sentiments.

The media are winning.

Again, within today’s context. I was agreeing with Conan that the charges had to be filed quickly to placate the anarchists.

My gut impression (absent a ton of necessary info) is that the occupants of this one car among many was singled out for a reason. And I do NOT believe the reason was “driving while black”. Occupants resisted. Cops escalated beyond what was warranted. And no body cam or other evidence is available to validate the initial reason for the LEO engagement of this car.

Tensions are high coast to coast, and escalation of engagements is commonplace – whether it’s a physical escalation (as occurred in this incident) or just verbal escalation such as we see in every thread and sub-discussion all across this board.

To do so however would be improper. You can’t charge them without an actual cause of death other than the charge that was finally leveled.

As far as I’m concerned it should be a first degree murder case with depraved indifference as an aggravating factor along with the duration of time along with the fact at least one of the other officers twice tried to get him to get off the guys neck and turn him on his side and/or put him in the car.

To me this shows both a depraved heart and premeditation.

However the way the legal system works you don’t charge people in order to placate a mob, to do so is the opposite of seeking justice.

No matter how many noses are out of joint this was handled appropriately from the start because from a legal standpoint without a clear cause of death you can’t charge him/them with murder.

These people aren’t wanting justice for this man’s death, they want vengeance for both real and fabricated offenses against the entire African Race.