50th Anniversary of Moon Landing

I was just expanding on the topic because remember, I was a couple months shy of my second birthday in 1969.

I don’t remember the moon landings…any of them.

One trick pony.

What year?

Don’t be mean. They let us build something that made them famous for something other than … well…

I’m confused. I mentioned the year.

Twice.

I assumed it was you that was being referred to as a “one trick pony”. That is an expression that I wouldn’t use to describe any poster on this forum.

Just making sure it soaked in. Don’t you ever try to sharp shoot me again, troop.

You didn’t use it. He did.

I wasn’t. I acknowledged what you said, and put in a transition to alert you that I was now going to talk about myself because I’m a narcissist that way…

I never said I used it.

When you get through with beating your face (push ups) you may recover.

1 Like

My face will never hit the ground- my stomach will prevent it.

So your post was irrelevant? You have questions on the table in the gun thread.

Then mix in 1,000 flutter kicks and don’t underestimate yourself.

Yeah I saw that poll. Sad indeed. I somewhat buy the argument that America had “been there, done that”, so an astronaut isn’t possible as mystifying to an American kid as a Chinese kid.

But YouTube star??? Seriously?!?

1 Like

That must have been entertaining.

I do remember our old Satellite dish from the 90s. You selected the Satellite you wanted to connect to then you waited about a minute or two and watched the huge dish slowly turn.

Being a YouTube star can mean serious cheese.

Plus we are all narcissists at heart…why do you think many of us share the tiniest details about our lives online, as if it’s so important everyone should care that we can’t wait to see “Rick Grimes Returns” in theaters or what’s in Aisle 7 at the local Weis Markets…or that I lived two years without TV…:sunglasses:

Not at all. Wind and rain frequently moved it. It had to be moved back to get reception.

Taken on advisement.

That sucks.

We (as in those of us born between 1989 and 1997) had it pretty easy. By the 90s they had finally figured out how to make tech user friendly. I’ve played around with old 80s era VCRs and computers and it’s crazy just how much easier those things became to use in the 90s.

I am at the age now though where I can remember using things that the kids just turning 18 have never even seen in person.

I showed a 15 year old cousin of mine my old CD Walkman and she was shocked that people used CDs outside of a car.