4q21 gdp is up 6.9%

Hence the disagreement between us.

They did something.

Allan

the disagreement is between you ans science. why do you hate science?

2 Likes

I don’t.

“Results: When the adherence to mask usage guidelines is taken into account, the empirical evidence indicates that masks prevent disease transmission”

I hate to get the government involved in our dispute. Lol

Allan

I am sure you can find an equally compelling study to verify your stance.

Hence our conundrum.

Conflicting studies.

Allan

lol… a study that claims to debunk “pre pandemic” mask studies. too funny. we have current mask studies done during the pandemic. they don’t work.

eta… that study only tests surgical masks, which do have a slight affect. you have an 11% lower chance of getting covid if everyone wears a surgical mask, wears it properly, and changes it every time they take it off.

the cloth masks we sent our kids to school with were and remain useless.

1 Like

Perhaps you would like to contribute to this thread:

Yeah, ok…then let’s blame the economy on the democrats in general right now. They control it all, & it’s a spendthrift bunch indeed!

Print money, borrow to the hilt, & spend it on the wind!

Then we get MASSIVE national debt on an industrial scale, & high inflation. In fact, 20% inflation on the main goods & services the poor need & use most: Food, gas, & other essentials.

But hey, they are “for the children” & “for the workers”…

Pffffffffffffffffffffft!

1 Like

They did “something”… caused suicides, depression, & other difficulties for our youth. Compounded by the other restrictions that did not stop covid.

So what’s this I hear about inflation…7.5 over last year?

Yeah, it’s why I tell people to enjoy this while you can.

Once that 20 ton hammer starts getting to work, you all are going to feel some real pain.

1 Like

For the poor, it’s around 18%. Food, clothing, gas, & other essentials are way up.

The GDP is the result of inflation, not better economics. It also will push many into higher tax brackets, so they will pay more there too.

What’s this I see…inflation 9.7 percent?

Unless it is in your head… where are you seeing it?

Inflation, under control for four decades, re-emerged as an economic issue last year as the United States rebounded with unexpected speed from 2020′s short but devastating coronavirus recession. Caught off guard by the bounce-back, companies scrambled to find supplies and workers to meet an unexpected surge in orders from customers flush with government relief checks. Factories, ports and freight yards came under strain. Shipments were delayed and prices began to rise.

Roughly four out of five companies surveyed by the Richmond
Federal Reserve reported hiking up prices for consumers to cover “at least some” of the input costs they were experiencing.

But those same execs have been a bit more discreet — apart from their quarterly earnings calls — about celebrating the record profit margins they’ve been able to achieve by not only passing costs on to customers, but by charging even more.

More than half of the companies surveyed by the small business services reviews website Digital.com reported raising prices beyond what was required to offset rising input costs.

Greed is good…?

And another golden oldie may drop as well.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savingandinvesting/a-wave-of-bankruptcies-and-foreclosures-appears-to-be-building/ar-AATLcCi?ocid=msedgntp

Remember the mortgage crisis of 2007? Ah, the memories.

Enjoy this while you can.

1 Like

update.

bideneconomics is working

morgan stanley like it.

“President Joe Biden’s economic policies drove an unexpected economic surge that has forced Morgan Stanley to make a “sizable upward revision” in its GDP forecasts”

all you recession chicken littles might want to revise your thoughts.

Allan

2 Likes

marx useful idiots

Brandon’s Beta Boys are playing a shell game for the election.

2 Likes

By the way, inflation is not “down”, the rate of increase has slowed.

That means that the inflation is baked in.

Slowing the rate of increase is good, but it’s not “inflation down.”

Propping up the economic metrics with government spending/printing? Tsk, tsk.

Like the drunken slut who thinks she still has money because she still has checks.

of course its down. was 8%, now 3%. 3 being less than 8.

down. its not deflation, still inflation. prices are going up just not as severely as before.

bideneconomics is working

i understand your angst.

full employment, lower inflation, growing economy.

just terrible for the united states

Allan

1 Like