4473s, The Law and Hunter Crackhead Biden

WHAT? What would make her think that?

So she dumped it where a kid could find it?

2 Likes

Well, you posted from an expert at the rehab center that he would be dealing with it for the rest of his life. That said, I think five years would be good, but I don’t believe there are any exact legal parameters.

That’s their story. Now there is a crime that could be prosecuted LOL.

Lying on a 4473 can be prosecuted.

She stole a gun

2 Likes

It’s not a solid case by any stretch with the two year discrepancy. Especially with the lack of enforcement on currently active users. Go after them first.

She not only stole it, but recklessly discarded it where a kid or criminal could find it. She’s lucky it was a dumpster diver that had a conscience and turned it in. He could have sold it on the street.

My statement of publicly flog him, was my opinion. Not really flog him, but he should be called out, given some kind of consequence. IF You or I had done this on a gun permit questionnaire, what would our consequence be? Would it be as harsh as jail time, or would it amount to a fine and public embarrassment?

That is all I was conveying. What would happen to you and me? I am not sure.

Precisely why I commented the way I did. It would not amount to much if you or I did it would it? But I think there should be some consequence…a fine, Denial of application? I don’t know.

Publicly flog does not mean what you seem to think it does.

10 years

10 years

10 years

A helluva lot more going on in those three cases than Biden’s.

Lying on 4473.

If you or I were a leader in a straw purchasing ring.

1 Like

Then if that’s the standard sentence…Biden should get same.

In all three cases they presented a clear and present danger to the public at large from willful gun violence. All three cases were more than just lying on the form. Convicted felon, straw purchaser, under a restraining order. Much more serious situations.

Lying on a 4473.

With probable intent to commit or enable murder. Not the same at all.

1 Like

I believe that is inscribed near the top of page one in their rule book.

That is true. The Feds usually use prosecutorial discretion based on intent at the time of the application and actions following the purchase. As discussed above, the wording of the question on the form 4473 is vague enough that intent to defraud would be very hard to prove in court.

Do you understand the nature of addiction?

The only thing at issue here is whether the question on the form implies being an addicted user currently as opposed to being a user in the past and becoming addicted. That vagility is sufficient to forgo prosecution, particularly when combined with no suggestion of an illegal act being committed with the gun that he purchased.

:thinking: Suicidal thoughts and/or tendencies is a sign of mental instability and/or mental illness. While not directly covered by questions on the form 4473, it is a “red flag” issue.

1 Like