40 people killed at Mosque shooting in New Zealand

Born and raised American, never listened to country, cared for hot rods, baseball, never been to a rodeo and have zero interest in Nascar.

1 Like

Are Rodeo a big thing in the North East?
You define American culture as you grew up. that isn’t the same as Middle America, or North East America.

Some of my good friends in LA are Chicanos, they dont identify as Mexicans, they dont speak Spanish since they lived their entire lives in the US yet they carry Mexican traditions.

My Armenian buddies in Burbank their families have lived here for generations and they still speak Armenian…they are not fans of hot dogs and their idea of BBQ is not ribs in sauce or rub…

@WuWei recommend a good book about the cultural make up that defined America forget the name.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0143122029/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

NASCAR? :rofl::rofl:
Baseball sucks
Hotrods? I like motorcycle racing better
Pizza? Not bad. No Pappa John’s, it’s horrible.
Beer? Sure, but it’s not originally “American”
Country music? Nah
Football? Sure, but it also didn’t originate in “America” The only sport that originated in the US is Basketball.

My dad is a Budlight guy so there is that…

I love craft brew and the number of amazing breweries here in South Cali is incredible

It should be noted that people don’t assimilate, government force assimilation people don’t magically give up their values and culture unless forced too.

like if that value or belief is illegal like thinking woman are property.

1 Like

Came here to LA as a child in 1976 and this has been my experience with Chicanos.

1 Like

People think “Leave it to beaver” was a documentary on the life of an average America before “Multiculturalism” when Multiculturalism has always been the culture of the new world.

They aren’t completely different.

You’ve never been to either so what are you basing your comparison on?

Rodeo is big all over the US, particularly Bull Riding. Some of the most successful Bull Riders have come from the NE.

Where does St Paddy’s day fit into this “US culture”?

Well that isn’t true. The first move towards assimilation is learning the language. Those who do not automatically limit their opportunities for success.

With lots of Green Beer. It’s another excuse to party.

America doesn’t have an offical language.

and why would the founders of America and people prior to the evil of the 90’s not want there to be an offical language?

Rodeo is big all over the US? :rofl:

The native tounge unless actively promoted in households always starts to fade…

Why? It just makes life easier

That would be Chicano Culture, not American Culture.

Chicano culture is American culture…its your melting pot

African American culture also has its own unique characteristics

Chicano Culture is part of America culture.

Chicanos are Americans whether you like it or not.