40 people killed at Mosque shooting in New Zealand

Because people’s beliefs are so important, other people should have to suffer for it.

This sounds familiar. :thinking:

1 Like

Might be a discussion worthy of its own thread - is there any true value in viewing the video of terrorist acts being committed, whether they are of white supremacists gunning down Muslims, or jihadists beheading Western tourists?

I admit I watched the NZ video, and am on the fence about whether I should have or not. Does seeing the horror of it underscore the need for action or in anyway help us understand the what and why of the incident, or does it merely desensitize us and generate further apathy? More than one commentator has noted that the NZ video looks and feels much like a first-person shooter game - does it make it easier to disassociate from the terror of it all?

And I can say the same about American laws and reason behind the BoR’s. Which your posts clearly shows.

If Australians do not agree with our gun laws then they are perfectly at liberty to vote for candidates that are in accord with their views. There is a state election, NSW, this Saturday and a Federal election is due in the next 3 months. London to a brick on the candidates that advocate a weakening of our gun laws will not win enough seats to win government.

I turn off the commercial for the suffering animals too. I’m more sensitive to seeing things like this than others. I should not have said “decent” in my previous post. I realize a lot of decent people watched that video. It was a stupid thing for me to say.

It’s a good question you bring up. The whole purpose of the animal ads I speak of are to increase awareness and draw funds. I don’t see a purpose airing that video though. Just the news that 49 people died drew our awareness.

I’m not sure. I play on Khan Academy for fun and have an account on Brilliant. They were life savers in Diffy Q and Abstract, but also an annoying reminder that I never needed school to learn any of this. Glad I got paid to go.

1 Like

The Australian Government initially banned him. After criticism, including those from the American Rupert Murdoch’s SAD (Sky News after dark) commentators, the ban was lifted. Subsequent to the terrorist attack in NZ and his comments the ban was re-instated.

The final decision is one of the rare right decisions the current Liberal Party/National Party Federal government has made in its current term.

1 Like

Good reply. Right now I’m leaning towards thinking I’d have been better off not seeing it. I don’t need to see barbarity firsthand to know it’s barbaric. Trying to decide what (if any) other purpose it might have served.

1 Like

I with SixFoot on this. I too come here (while the cable news is on my TV) and see whose hair is on fire and what sources they are providing. It’s a good starting point.

For too many it seems to be the ending point.

If you read an article about its history and current purpose, I think you’ll make it out alive. Send a smoke signal if things go wrong.

Social media is a poor means for learning about world events. I get that some just come here for fun (and they should), but to claim you don’t consume any news media (which SixFoot did) and then come here? Our time is better spent getting high and playing with fractals, if that’s the case.

Although I’ll have to switch that up to drinking beer and learning German. :wink:

I should form an organization about caucasians and call it “The Race.” Nothing wrong with that, right?

This isn’t difficult to understand. I was addicted to this forum like everyone else for many years.

In the president’s words, that would be just “fine.” Knock yourself out. Nobody is stopping you.

Why not just condemn supremacy?

I don’t disagree (I think. Is this social media here? I suppose it is.) But I don’t come here to believe what Blackwolf says. I do come to hear what you say, and how well you support what you say. I do the same for anyone arguing with you and with that, and my own research and/or experience, draw my own conclusions.

1 Like

You’ve never been in a Orthodox Jewish or Haredi Synagogue, then.

Safe from who? :wink:

Obviously from this horde of White Nationalists hiding under everyone’s beds! lol

1 Like

No there is nothing in Samm’s comment that shows defense of the shooter…hes opining that maybe he had other reasons. At least thats how I read Samm’s comment.