3,405 died for nothing

I’ll repeat.

Bin Laden is Dead and AQ in Afghanistan has been destroyed as an organization. There have been zero 9-11 type attacks on the US since 9-11 and Afghanistan is no longer a safe harbor for terrorists.

Every goal we intended to achieve with the invasion of Afghanistan has been achieved so where precisely is the failure?

Aq in agganistan was rmoved within months they are not the reasobln we stayes there for a a decade

True but I raised and grew up with nephews and cousins that wore the uniform. We dont surrender a lifetime of family values FOR a uniform. Some soldiers fight and die for different values amigo.

We spend 10 plua years fighting the Taliban we are still fighting them today they just murdered 31 people and we are going to legitimize them and give them power

We fought the Taliban because they were the gov’t at the time giving safe haven to AQ and refused to give up Bin Laden.

AQ has been destroyed as an organization in Afghanistan and Bin Laden is dead. Every goal we set prior to the invasion was achieved.

They served their respective countries proudly and with honor.

The outcome doesn’t matter. Americans, French, Poles, Canadians, Brits, and many others served with distinction and did the very best that could be done in the situation.

To say they died for nothing isn’t true at all.

When why didnt the war end withib six month after AQ was removed

I was too and I was a very changed man after more than a decade serving, you would be too.

Unless you’ve served yourself you simply cannot see the world through the same eyes as those who do.

Primarily because of the constant influx of foreign insurgents and the fact it took another 8 years to dismantle AQ and kill Bin Laden.

.Heard and Noted.

and you think that magically stopped? the Taliban is gaining control over the region again, we spent a decade fighting them.

to hand over Afghanistan to an international terrorist group would be a failure.

There is no magic involved, only a hell of a lot of blood and treasure.

I may not agree with any sort of truce between the Afghan Gov’t and The Taliban but if the same conditions arise again they’ll be met with even greater force in the future.

Either way, the war was not lost by any measure and none of our Fighting People died for nothing.

What international terrorist group is it being handed over to?

If Taliban gain control over the country it will be a safe haven for terrorist group once again.

It’s certainly a policy failure. But one destined to happen. The Russians couldn’t pacify Afghanistan and neither could NATO.

That still doesn’t change the fact that what you said in the OP wasn’t factual.

The Taliban and their dozen international terrorist allies.

And if they do we will deal with it again.

Short of occupying Afghanistan with a permanent force of a half million or more men hunting down and killing every Taliban supporter or terrorist there’s not much we can do to prevent it.

You wouldn’t find even 10% support for such a campaign.

Who has declared the Taliban as An International Terrorist Organization?

the collective of western governments, there have been a number of attempted international terrorist attack by the group.