291 in Florida issued concealed carry licenses who shouldnt have been

I do agree that it was a bad thing. Heads should roll in that department (and they are. I heard on the news that they were thinking about moving the department to another Cabinet division–from Agriculture to Justice). That said, nothing bad really happened. Once it was found out, they rechecked everybody, and they stopped those 291. There is another consequence. One of the leading contender for the Republican nomination for governor was the cabinet member responsible. He was my first choice for the nomination (primarily due to my brother-in-law knowing him and his platform is sound), but now, I won’t vote for him. I don’t think his department was being run correctly–not him directly, but the people under him weren’t doing right.

And they were taken away from them, and no incident of crime was recorded in those 291.

The type of people who would shoot your loved one don’t apply for concealed carry permits.

2 Likes

I agree. The licensing of a right is a violation and unnecessary.

So who were the 291 who had their concealed carry permit revoked. Choirboys?

They were disqualified from the permit once their background check was reviewed.

I know you are a NRA sycophant but could you try for once in your life to be objective.

You can be for concealed carry and be against a process that didnt include backround check review.

Allan

Rights can be regulated. Florida thinks background checks are important or they wouldnt have included them.

Allan

Like most permit holders those 291 harmed no one. NJ meddling is unacceptable really.

LOL. doesnt change the fact they ignored Florida State law.

Allan

Doesn’t change the fact it is none of your business. Perhaps you should stick to just messing up Joisey.

Just a citizen doing his civic duty. :slight_smile:

Allan

Just a yankee meddler.

One person’s yankee meddler is another one’s outstanding citizen. :slight_smile:

Allan

To a left wing extremist maybe.

I am being objective. I don’t know if they were choir boys or not, but I do know they didn’t shoot anyone while they had their concealed carry permits. Just because they were ineligible to have the permit does not mean they were dangerous or even criminally inclined. If they had been, they would have never applied for the permit, they would have simply carried their guns without it.

No they didn’t. They were not responsible for the improper issuance of the permits.

Background checks for purchase are federal law.

Carpetbagger

1 Like

You misunderstand, I was criticizing the department who was responsible for reviewing the applications not the people applying for them,

Allan

Nope, these required background checks are for a concealed carry license in Florida.

Florida law requires them,

Allan

W

Where is the right to concealed carry in the Constitution or in a SCOTUS opinion.

You @WuWei are making rights out of thin air to fit your narrative.

no unfettered right to concealed carry a weapon exists.

Allan