2024 Paris Olympics Thread (spoiler warning)

A thread for anything of interest from the Olympics.

(WARNING: There may be spoilers for events that have occurred but have not yet been broadcast.)

The 10-meter air rifle mixed team shooting competition will be the first event to award medals. The winners should be known by mid day Saturday.

So currently the medal count is zero all. :smile:

The start has been inauspicious to say the least. Arson that disrupted the train system. The opening ceremony seems to have been panned by at least some. And raw meat served in the Olympic Village.

Hopefully it will get better and not worse as it goes along.

1 Like

Are all the trains back on track.

It was pretty massive coordinated sabotage. It may take a good portion of the weekend to get the system fully operational.

how’d you like seeing pot smoking ho banging cop killing glorifying snoop carry the torch?

usa usa

Mon Dieu! L’horreur!

I wonder if he would be so celebrated if it was Biden in this picture. or Lord Obama….peace be unto….

I think that it is in poor taste and the criticism that he got was well warranted… but you aren’t going to get people to be up in arms arms about Snoop Dogg being a thug threat.

He hangs out with Martha Stuart.

yeah i know. “he all good”

He’s mostly reformed. He isn’t what he was in the early 90s during the West Coast-East Coast rap wars.

Also he made Gin and Juice. Can’t overlook that amazing contribution.

2 Likes

uh huh. no thanks

enjoy the olympics

1 Like

the opening ceremony was taped (huge time zone difference)

Tranny ledecky is on now. I hope someone bust her balls

She is a woman BORN woman.

I absolutely oppose transexual woman in women’s sports.

But Katie Ledecky is the real thing, she is NOT transexual.

I wish this stupid rumor would die.

Congratulations on her Bronze Medal and best wishes on her upcoming events.

3 Likes

I’d encourage people to read his recent comments on Trump. Snoop isn’t going to be put into any kind of box, and he’s far more complex and interesting than he’s given credit for.

1 Like

And counter to the rap music industry culture, he married his high school sweetheart and is still married to her after 27 years.

2 Likes

There’s a number of rappers who did the same. Ice Cube has been married to the woman he’s with since he was like 20.

Course Cube also had the advantage of having a two parent household. He grew up in a rough hood school, but he had good married parents.

2 Likes

I know we have a lot of USWNT soccer fans on here.

Nice 4-1 win over #4 Germany!

:us:

1 Like

I could care less about politics when it comes to the US in international competition.

Go USA!

2 Likes

Sorry about the crappy format.

Team Gold Silver Bronze Total
1Japan
6 2 4 12
2China
5 3 2 10
3South Korea
5 3 1 9
4France
4 7 3 14
5Australia
4 3 0 7
6United States
3 8 7 18

United States is currently in 6th, though we have the highest raw plurality of medals.

Weighted score (Gold = 4, Silver = 2, Bronze = 1)

Japan 32
United States 35
France 33

So it looks for the moment that the United States has the highest weighted score.

2 Likes