2020 Election Fraud Thread (Part 2)

Great point, not sure how the 22nd Amendment might work if DJT was installed after January 21st, 2023?

Under that scenario #45 might still be eligible to run again once more…

I believe LBJ still had the legal right to pursue another term because he did not have more than two years remaining after taking over for JFK.

I think it depends I how you fall into a partial term. “unelected” such as succession or “elected”.

I don’t think Trump will become President via succession… I think “elected” is the route being pursued via the somewhat absurd decertify, recertify, recount, re-elect route.

If that were to happen he would be “twice elected” and ineligible to be elected a third time.

Let’s put this all together using some of the constitutional “reasonings” that have been floated over the past year.

*assumption, we accept naked partisan power plays
*assumption D’s retain congress

1. Trump wins the electoral election in nov 2024
  2. D’s set up the public with propaganda about how this was stolen or something
  3. D state legislatures de-certify the 2020 election and send a new slate to congress
  4. D’s recount the 2020 electoral votes (somehow, using the same arguments some R are making now)
  5. Trump wins! He was elected for the 2021-2025 term
  6. Now Congress can not count the 2024 electoral votes cast for Trump. Per the 22nd Amendment.

R states would smell this nonsense and decertify and send non-Trump electors for 2020. But who says congress accepts those. Maybe Harris sets them aside. Maybe D’s have been sitting on new slate of PA,AZ,GA,WI electors hatched from audits and counts those.

The point in all this is. None of this is going to happen. Or should happen.

If massive fraud is proven (actually proven, not a “we all know it did” proof) then we will have to deal with it, and perhaps the SC will prescribe a remedy.

But in the mean time using dirty politics and state legislatures to revise the 2020 results is an absurd and chaotic idea. And won’t result in Trump being President more than a day while this counter-strike is launched.

It is fantasy.

I assumed the opposite.

It should go without saying that the only way DJT could be conceivably reinstalled is with a Red House of Representatives as of Jan 2023.

Who does that?

How would you do that?

Seems like you might be applying a double standard here?

I hope you realize there are an abundance of dirty actors all about …

No double standard. If we permit this level of dirty politics, then both parties will employ it.

I want neither to.

My example of what D’s could do was a cautionary scenario, not one that I would support.

My position is that either of these maneuvers would undermine the rule of law… and are destructive to our country.

There is no conceivable way form Trump** to be “reinstalled” in 2023 or at any time unless he runs again in 2024 and wins the election.

There are no provisions to “reinstate” the President in the Constitution after the expiration of their term, which for Trump was noon on January 20th, 2021.

WW

How would they do that? I believe that the majority of Republicans in Congress are glad Trump is gone. He continues to say some pretty nutty things. I realize that there are some members of Congress who need him around to keep their seats. But I believe that Trump will become increasingly an anchor.

When I reply to you about a double standard it applies to our very argument here on the forum only.

When either party disregard strict enforcement of election laws on the books it is wrong.

That being said, it still happens sometimes nonetheless.

In the Senate based upon recent actions McConnell drummed up 14 votes this week to enable the Dems to ultimately raise the Federal debt ceiling on their own. That is a healthy amount no doubt. That being said the tenure of some of these so called loyalists to MM will be coming to an abrupt end over the next two Federal elections cycles in 2022 and 2024, respectively. So much so in fact that Mitch may very likely lose his role as early as January 2023.

P.S. Cheney in the House is down something like 20+ points in many of her own state primary polls right now. Then are at least several other Republicans not endorsed by #45 from both chambers who have already cut their losses in announcing their intentions to not even attempt to run again in 2022 either too…

So where is my double standard that you are calling out below?

This part of one reply of yours seem to point out Republicans only, no? Both parties lawyer up always and that’s often dirty too…

"But in the mean time using dirty politics and state legislatures to revise the 2020 results is an absurd and chaotic idea. And won’t result in Trump being President more than a day while this counter-strike is launched.

It is fantasy."

It is temporal. The R action happens first. This the meantime. The D action comes second.

I condone neither.

The likelihood that a D power play follows the R power play reduces the benefit of the R play.

Both plays are abhorrent to the stability of or institutions and rule of law. Neither one should be attempted or supported.

But here we are, toying with the idea of going down this path.

Could also be the D power plan was set in play 1st…

True. And it would be as absurd. And they will do it if opportunity presents itself.

The ultra-partisans are poisoning the arena for reasonable people.

1 Like

Three arrested in FL for voter fraud.

1 Like

Yesterday in Tucson there were a few private investigators who reported back to GOP on their latest canvassing efforts in Pima County. As you might suspect their findings were damning for the potential of systemic election fraud there occurring citing additional addresses where people who answered the door apparently affirmed to them they were the only living occupants who resided there for voting purposes last November even though voter rolls often showing others also listed these same location as their home. Happy to hear their intentions were to get this raw data up to the State AG’s office if not already forwarded. To your point much better to have it in law enforcement hands like this than merely doing more fancy statistics and extrapolation models I suppose.

It should go the the registrar too. If there is a problem here it should be a quick matter to expose it and correct the registration book and pursue the voter.

Hey, sometimes, you gotta play the hits.

I know the January 6 stuff is terrible, but I was just reminded of the time a US president was recorded on tape asking a state secretary to “find” extra votes so that he could avoid his inevitable loserdom:

“All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,” Trump said. “Because we won the state.”

Georgia counted its votes three times before certifying Biden’s win by a 11,779 margin, Raffensperger noted: “President Trump, we’ve had several lawsuits, and we’ve had to respond in court to the lawsuits and the contentions. We don’t agree that you have won."
(Trump, on tape, presses Ga. official to 'find' him votes | AP News)

So, yeah, that was totally normal and fine and cool. I can’t remember: I assume everyone was fine with this at the time, and agreed that 1). it didn’t actually happen, 2). if it did happen, it wasn’t bad, and 3). If it did happen, and it was bad, that doesn’t matter because something something something Democrats.

2 Likes

The problem was that he didn’t find the votes.

2 Likes