2018 Midterms: Who ya got?

There is a small scale movement of dems, gaining in numbers, wanting to change the rules of the house preventing the queen grandmother pink hat from the decree. If the dems take the house, 50/50 at this point, so begins the battle between the progressive alt-eft and the majority business as usual neo-liberals. The few rust belt dems that have checked out, will be pleasantly occupied during the collapse.

229 Dem and 51 GOP majorities.

240+ Dems in the House.

Probably 51 Republicans in the Senate. There are definitely many positive signs in the polls that point towards the slim chance of a good night for the Democrats in the Senate, but they are just defending too many seats to make it likely.

It’s awfully quiet in here. Not much conversation about the potential butt whoppin’ the GOP is gonna get next week. Late polls are trending even heavier for Dems. A week ago, toss ups were trending in Republicans favor, but not any more.

Heading into Election Day – now just three days away – 15 seats held or vacated by Republicans are leaning, likely or solid for Democrats. Winning all of those races would put Democrats eight seats shy of the 23 the party needs to gain to win control of the House.

Of the 31 races CNN now rates as Tossups, only one is currently held by Democrats. If Democrats win a third of those, then they’ll find themselves in the majority with a couple seats to spare. Republicans are favored to pick up two Democratic-held seats, which would add to the challenge for Democrats on Election Night.

Democrats could very well blow this which should totally embarrass them even more than losing in 2016

I’m going to stick with 4 maybe 5 pick ups and repugs will lose between 15 to 30 Congressional seats.

So you think not getting back the house would be a failure for Dems?

Do you think the GOP will lose the house?

Of course…

Actually I meant 15 to 30 seats.

I’m putting democrats at about 35 percent of gaining the house.

Eh. I think it might be a disappointment, but certainly not a failure. It’s not like the house is the Dems to lose, that’s on the GOP.

Thanks. What do you think will pull the GOP through? Trump support? High turnout?

Turnout…also instincts.

May be wrong but I’m getting this gut feeling again.

And it’s not gas.

Ha. Good to know. While my gut is saying that Dems pick up the house but not the senate. The election could really go anyway. I think the results of this election will tell us a lot about 2020. Should be very interesting.

I’ll just wait till Tuesday evening. Last time I predicted Hillary would crush Trump and the
Democrats would squeak by and take the senate by 1. Not going to look like the village idiot again.

Oh come on. Democrats started almost immediately after the election with stories of how voters were supposed to have regretted their vote for Trump. Now, Republicans across the country want him to come campaign for them.
If Dems take the House is that a vote of no confidence on Trump? No, it is likely that it would be lost by even more in this first midyear of a new President without Trump. At least that’s what Republicans believe, who desperately want him to come campaign for them.
Ask Ted Cruz.

We all bought that story in 2016. Back then, we still believed the media had some credibility.

1 Like

Trump is literally saying that he’s on the ballot. “A vote for (insert GOP candidate here) is a vote for me.” Trump himself is making this a referendum on his presidency. Yet, he will take no blame if they lose the house? Give me a break.

Also, have you seen the economy recently? Doing pretty well, right? Yet, a majority of people disapprove of him as president. That’s pretty odd, don’t you think?

People don’t like Trump. And the midterms could very well be a reflection of that.

1 Like

Yeah I believe that will be a good look to what the results will be.

I don’t think so, and I really hope not. I know that the Republicans are going to pick up one Senate seat from North Dakota. North Dakota is a much redder state now. Hopefully, Democrats will be able to hold unto the Senate seats from Indiana and Missouri while picking up one Senate seat from either Nevada or Arizona here.