2 cops push over a 75 year old man and get suspended. entire emergency responce resigns in sympathy

Which means in that video…

“A direct order from a law enforcement officer or public safety officer will trump a curfew law. These actions must be followed, or you will be breaking the law. Orders like “go inside” or “get out” or “get down” are safety instructions that you have to follow, even on your own property.”

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/what-are-curfew-laws.html

3 seconds reading your link:

Mandatory curfew is only for public property and cannot be set on private property or your property.

1 Like

They were exceeding their authority and should be disciplined. Just like they did in Boston when the Ukraine guys went awol.

1 Like

Hooray.

See, it feels good being with me.

1 Like

Meh, everybody gets it wrong sometimes, almost nobody is always right.

I agree.

You feeling dirty yet?

Why would I feel dirty.

Yep. It was not a valid curfew order. According to “findlaw” it was a legal safety instruction that was legally enfoceable.
You can look up the history of that, but it certainly makes sense. If people are firing at the cops and they don’t know from where, you don’t think they could order people to go inside?

The perils of letting federal government courts act as the only check against federal power. Bad flaw in our sytstem.

1 Like

No. I go wherever it want on my land. You go wherever you want on your land.

…and were people firing at the cops, or did you just say that to create a worst case scenario instead of dealing with the reality that we all see in the video, which was police shooting citizens on their property and violating their rights?

2 Likes

Valid point.

Anyway, this seems to be the post that started Hwyfler on this road.

“It is just goofy what is going on in this country because of one out of control cop and one confessed aggravated robber. Everybody needs to just stop, now.”

If half of those incidents really were police acting badly, it still would only prove my point. Everybody should just stop now. It makes no sense to say that you are going to run around on the streets because the cops treat you badly if you run around on the streets.
Just stop doing it.

Seems violence has tonight. I’m lightly scanning around nationally and haven’t seen anything to report, and I had a stream up of Austin’s protest and it basically turned into a street concert. APD sent just a few officers, not in riot gear, out in front of the station. Instead of holding a strong line they went out and mingled.

I think there needs to be a systematic change to the way we’re policing, starting with de-militarizing. I’ve been reading a lot from this guy lately:

https://twitter.com/SkinnerPm/status/990897125692248065

“I used to spend more money on meals and entertainment for a couple of sources in Amman, each year, than the Savannah Police Department has to spend on cars,” Skinner told me. “And whatever the American people got out of my meals in Amman had way less impact on their lives than what was happening down the block.”

In October, 2016, one of Skinner’s closest friends in the C.I.A. was killed by isis forces in Afghanistan. Skinner was despondent. A few months later, he left the Soufan Group and joined his local police force, taking a pay cut of more than a hundred thousand dollars a year.

1 Like

What the hell was he doing walking up on them like that? He should have been punched in the face. He got what he deserved.

I don’t think cops should be punching people in face but old man shouldn’t have tried stopping them from doing their job. If people had a problem with that they should take it up with local politicians.

The police were doing what they’re told. Which also begs the question. If they’re told to get after people gun they do that as well.

Who provides this training?

Colleges and Police Academies are where criminal justice students attend in my area. Do you have any links where you’ve found these war-waging lessons/training?

That clip of the armoured vehicle and the police was reminiscent of Belfast in the 1970’s,that is ■■■■■■ up

1 Like

About half of Fox news is on the other side.

That’s the question in my mind as well.