1am search. warrant. Innocent woman dead

Yes, I turn the coffee pot on.

2 Likes

Oh bullcrap - be honest.

First you have a morning scratch, then you hop out of bed, saying “ow” because of your plantar fasciitis, then you go to the bathroom and maybe wash your hands (if it’s a church day). THEN you make the coffee - 5 minutes after wake up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damn dude, I’m waaaay younger than that. :rofl:

1 Like

Wow! So much wrong with that I’m not even going to try. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The argument that they did NOT announce is as questionable as the argument that they did.

People will line up on both sides of the question, as certain of their position as the other side.

The cover up is well underway
:rofl:

1 Like

I head to the bathroom.

1 Like

e police dont get the benefit of the doubt anymore.
no bodycam iimplies guilt
start locking up a few cops and see how soon every cam starts running 24/7

1 Like

Does it really matter? If the police are the only ones who heard themselves identify themselves, it makes no difference.

3 Likes

The results lean the other way.

It will all be entered as testimony in the investigation (and perhaps court case) for this issue. The investigator (and/or judge) gets to decide if it is admissible, and the investigator (and/or jury) will get to decide if it matters.

1 Like

Happened in Pittsburgh a while back.

5AM raid and FBI rookie dead. Shot by GF in self defense. She was convicted. I forget the charge and sentence. Will look it up later.

1AM raid is insane recipe for just what happened.

Christina Korbe - 15 years, manslaughter and a weapons charge. Her husband was sentenced to 25 years for drugs, and then got in trouble in prison for running a prison drug ring.

They lived in Fox Chapel school district - their kids would have been the prime hook-up for the kids of the well-to-do crowd…

1 Like

happened in texas too except the cop was the one killed and the grand jury refused to indict his killer

Blood type?

1 Like

I’m not buying that. Rarely do they give you a chance to open up let alone state their purpose. You’re lucky if you get two knocks, “Police”, then they break open the door.

Of course the cops will testify that they identified themselves. And the man will testify that all he heard was someone crashing his door down and bursting into his house late at night. And the fact is, both could be true. That means it doesn’t matter. What matters is whether the jury identifies with being rudely awaken from sleep by three armed men, who as it turned out happened to be plain-clothed cops, and therefore believe that he fired in self defense even though he fired first.

2 Likes

That is the case.

Raids at these odd hours are supposed to catch the bad guy by surprise.

They need to stop doing this.

2 Likes

Here is the overview from the local media.

Appears to be a not-so-uncommon phenomena.

They are even better at catching the good guys by surprise. :neutral_face:

2 Likes