160,000 Left Behind in Afghanistan?

Imagine that!

5 Likes
6 Likes

Now you know.

1 Like

This is not a “Senate Report”, this is a paper by a single Senator who happens to sit on the FR committee.

I don’t see any signatures, or other indication that other senators agree with him.

Conclusion: fake news, government funded propaganda.

That makes it a Senate report.

3 Likes

Wow. First time I have seen this clip.

Devastating.

1 Like

I hope the Ukrainians aren’t counting on us to not leave them behind.

1 Like

Heh. No it doesn’t.

Heh, yes it does.

1 Like

LANGUAGE WARNING

This is interesting. Confirms what some of us already knew.

Although the U.S. government had planned for months for an orderly non-combatant evacuation operation (NEO) for U.S. officials, allies, and designated Afghans, what unfolded was an all-out fight by tens of thousands of desperate Afghans to get into the four-and-a-half-mile perimeter airport — stemmed only by a few thousand U.S. troops at various gates that were in constant danger of being breached.

The investigation found a situation where commanders had to choose between protecting forces or getting more evacuees through, per Biden’s order.

“The priority for the Marines at Abbey Gate was maximizing the flow of evacuees through the gate to the [evacuation control center],” the report said. “Any time spent emplacing obstacles was time not spent searching and screening civilian evacuees.”

And now they are… where?

2 Likes

Did we invade Ukraine and leave?

Not yet. The Great War for NATO 'Mocracy is only 32 days old.

So it’s a preemptive …" Way to go Brandon!".

Do you know what “precedence” means?

Where are they now? Left behind. Maybe not even alive.

2 Likes

Afghans, Ukrainians, Syrians, Venezuelans…

Trump’s fault

1 Like

I’ll bet no one ever told them they can’t just stack mud anywhere they want and live in it here. :rofl:

1 Like

“Kirby also repeatedly rebuffed reporters who described the withdrawal process as chaotic.
“For all this talk of chaos, I just didn’t see it. Not from my perch,” said Kirby, who was Pentagon press secretary at the time of the withdrawal.“

Added to the long list of things that aren’t a crisis etc.

No chaos here, folks. :rofl:

3 Likes