160,000 Left Behind in Afghanistan?

Dogs over people.

2 Likes

[quote=“SneakySFDude, post:864, topic:239948, full:true”]

Nonsense. Expressing concern about something doesn’t preclude me from being concerned about other things. This strawman argument of yours is weaker than usual.

Let’s see your concern then.

The article I posted is about Charlotte Maxwell-Jones, a US woman stranded in Afghanistan, a woman whose welfare I’m concerned about, as well as the dogs who were under her care. The Taliban is a menace the world would be better off without, and I’m concerned about women, homosexuals, Christians, Jews, and everyone else forced to live under their rule.

The woman is stranded because she refused to leave a dog.

And you’re outraged about it.

1 Like

[quote=“SneakySFDude, post:869, topic:239948, full:true”]

Yes, that’s right. I’m outraged that US citizens, including Charlotte Maxwell-Jones, are stranded in Afghanistan.

She had a ride, she let it go.

She wasn’t stranded.

Okay. I’m still concerned for her welfare, along with the other Americans still in the country.

Why? She made a choice.

Every US citizen who is still there made a choice. Are you saying ■■■■ them all?

She had a ride.

[quote=“SneakySFDude, post:876, topic:239948, full:true”]

Every US citizen in Afghanistan had ample time and opportunity to get out. Choices were made, and I don’t think we should throw those Americans to the wolves.

Not true, but she had a ride. She refused to board over a dog. If they fly in again to get her, will she leave the dog?

US citizens in Afghanistan have known that the withdrawal was coming since Trump negotiated the deal. They had ample time to get out, but they chose not to. And yet, I still don’t think we should abandon them.

I have no idea. If they fly in again to get her, will they let her bring the dog?

No. Stray dogs are not important. Karen K9 should have got on the bird.

She probably should have, but I don’t think we should abandon her and the rest of the Americans still in Afghanistan.

She wasn’t abandoned. She refused to board. Over a dog.

I didn’t say she was abandoned, I said we shouldn’t abandon her.

There you go. She’s still there. The US is not.

Yes, “abandon her,” as in future tense. I didn’t say she was abandoned.

Half my responses to you are shooting down your strawmen. Try responding to what I actually say for a change.