16 year old climate activist arrives in NY for UN summit after sailing across the ocean

Yes.

Me neither. What does that have to do with the topic at hand?

Everything.

What they did to her is no different then my neighber did. Instead of sexual molestation it was mental molestation.

I know these posts will get deleted.

But that girl wanted to please those that she was taught to respect, she wanted to be adult, she wanted respect, she wanted to be likes. And most of all she wanted to please them.

No difference.

In a good home, you sure as hell are controlled by your parents. A 16 year old thinks they’ve got the world by the balls and knows everything. They don’t know anything except the erroneous conception hat they know everything and are smarter than the world.

It means she has no clue and she’s being exploited. I find that reprehensible.

2 Likes

It always goes back to third Reich.

D’Souza should apologize.

@Axxowiz…we can’t say stuff like that here, even if it’s valid point.

In a good home, parents understand those facts, and encourage growth and engagement.

A home where 16 year olds have their opinions and views de-legitimized by their parents is not a “good home”, as far as I’m concerned.

I have no doubt that she knows more about climate change than you do.

You are seeking to infantilize her because she had the gall to hold an opinion you disagree with. You are, in fact, attacking her - and by pretending to be on her side, you’re compounding the insult.

She is not the problem, and neither are her parents. The people attacking her are the ones who should be ashamed of themselves.

Again hiding behind a child.

1 Like

Well I could have gone with the easy "sports* example

No one here is hiding behind a child.

As far as I’m concerned, I’m standing in front of her, defending her from these patronizing and infantilizing attacks.

1 Like

Nice stretch. Let your 16 year old run your household based on what is important to a 16 year old not an adult.

Show where I hold any opinion in this thread other than disdain for cowardice in exploiting a child.

2 Likes

You’re moving the goalposts.

It is possible to both encourage a child’s passion, and still be a parent. In fact, I’d argue that the former is required to be the latter.

Every post you’ve made in this thread has been an attack on this girl. Every time you claim that she is being exploited, you are taking away her agency. You are infantilizing her, belittling her and patronizing her.

If you can’t see that, theres nothing I can do to help you.

What’s cooler than being cool?

Ice cold.

2 Likes

Haven’t heard that one in a while.

A lot of people see though this and feel the way we do.

Just another day, another tactic, another life mangled for the greater good.

How will her life be “mangled”?

You guys are the only ones trying to harm her.

Every post I’ve made in this thread is about protecting a child.

Every post you’ve made in this thread is about being okay with exploiting one.

2 Likes

No, you’re not trying to “protect” her. You are trying to de-legitimized her.

No, I reject your infantilizing premise entirely. But I understand that you feel the need to de-legitimize me too, by saying that.

Let’s play a game:

We have two pools:
twenty American 16 year olds
twenty 16 year olds plucked randomly from anywhere else on earth.

Now the object of the game is to pick a team that will achieve the highest scores in STEM testing.

I’ll take, “not the Americans”, for my first, second, third, fourth…etc picks.

1 Like

She is 16. That adults would hide behind a child speaks volumes.

2 Likes