16 year old climate activist arrives in NY for UN summit after sailing across the ocean

the 16 year old is one of the key note speaker at the event, and she arrived in style as she sailed across the ocean. it took two week for them to cross on a sailboat.

A 16-year-old Swedish climate activist has landed in New York after crossing the Atlantic Ocean on a zero-emissions sailboat to attend a conference on global warming.

On Wednesday before dawn, Greta Thunberg tweeted, “Land!! The lights of Long Island and New York City ahead.”

She and a sailing crew encountered rough seas on their two-week journey that delayed their arrival for a day, until the Malizia II was able to anchor opposite the famous beach resort of Coney Island in Brooklyn.

1 Like

I’m sure the hating on here will start soon.

1 Like

Glad she made it. There were some crazy theats against her.

Not a phony like the climate prophet al gore.

1 Like

Boats contribute to the rise of the ocean btw.

AGW is a myth, dude. That sounds made up.

The hate this girl receives from geriatric conservative men in Europe is kind of eye opening.

3 Likes

The man likely to win the democratic nominee is the poster boy for geriatric European man, all the way down to being the oldest nominee ever and master of the art of kid sniffing.

2 Likes

ok…

Sounds like a fun trip and if she believes it changed anything that’s fine with me.

Got the numbers for the Powerball there Sluggo?

1 Like

How many crew were going to have to fly again?

https://news.yahoo.com/co2-row-over-climate-activist-thunbergs-yacht-trip-150202060.html

“The teenager had refused to fly to New York to avoid a plane’s fossil-fuel emissions. Action against climate change has been a theme of protests she has led in Sweden that inspired student strikes in about 100 cities worldwide.”

Isn’t that cute. She apparently thinks her trip was carbon emission free. :wink:

1 Like

You wouldn’t believe all the pollution that was created in the building of that fancy, new sailboat she traveled on.

Empty symbolism is what the left does.

1 Like

You wouldn’t believe all the pollution that was created in the building of that fancy, new airplane she didn’t travel on. I bet it was more.

3 Likes

How many crew were going to have to fly again so she could make this meaningless PR stunt?

https://news.yahoo.com/co2-row-over-climate-activist-thunbergs-yacht-trip-150202060.html

Agreed it is style over substance. I’m all for a rational approach to climate change and these sort of stunts help raise awareness but don’t pass the sniff test from a rational point of view.

*sails across the ocean *

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like