16 year old climate activist arrives in NY for UN summit after sailing across the ocean

Yeah, but the fancy airplane carries 200+ passengers and a trans-Atlantic flight only takes a few hours, whereas her shiny boat only carried 4-5 people and took two weeks. Her symbolic trip may make the evening news (everyone loves fresh faced little girls doing brave things) but it will never replace aircraft as the customary form of intercontinental travel.

And one can’t help but wonder … how does she plan to get home?

2 Likes

She could sail to China and see if they will stop opening a new coal plant each week. China puts out more emissions than the US. and the E.U. combined.

1 Like

People are mad at a 16 year old kid.

Who’s mad? I don’t think pointing out it is just a stunt that in the end saves nothing as part of her crew has to now fly to get the boat and she will probably fly home, so in the end she is no better than those she wishes to lecture to.

If you are going to put yourself out there as some sort of CC heroine, face the backlash or stay home.

Who? Certainly not anyone here. She’s adorable.

Since arriving is she walking or is she riding comfortably in a car?

Rickshaw. :wink:

1 Like

No ■■■■ Sherlock.

What do you want from me, a pat on the back? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ll admit, I purposely avoided watching any coverage of this kid. Well today I saw a clip of her talking.

What a ■■■■■■■ psycho. This idiot is so full of hate it looked like her head was about to start spinning.

Everyone enjoy the new climate experts.

1 Like

You were saying, Sluggo?

Are you suggesting I “hate” her?? Never saw her speak until today. Maybe you should watch what I did and then tell me about who hates who.

No, that’s why I didn’t quote you in my response. I give you credit for this post, which I agree with:

Her boat was solar operated.

You have a curious definition of the word “hate”

1 Like

The quoted word is not “hate,” it’s “hating.”

1 Like

I don’t know why you all are pounding on the girl. She’s got more smarts than trump and probably more than most of you put together. She’s gathered MORE people on one day than trump could ever hope. Idiot Boy has done everything to undermine the EPA and our environmental policies just for a few bucks to his buddies.

Dinesh whatever, called her out as NAZI propaganda. that’s pretty rich coming from a criminal.

2 Likes

There’s just as much hate for her coming from those on the right. They snickered at her during the Congressional hearing asking her “why should we believe the scientists?” Are you ■■■■■■■ kidding me?

I actually feel sorry for her. Only 16 years of age.

When she’s been used and is no longer relevant she’ll go the way of David Hogg.

2 Likes

Ah…the old “they’re being used” moniker…again.