13 million for trumps maralago visits

I choose to believe my eyes. Great financial gains, amazing actually- since he’s been elected. This goes against broad declarations by many media members about what was supposed to happen if he was elected. But to be more on topic: I don’t care what he spends at his Florida resort. To even see this thread means today’s liberal news outlets may be having a slow day since Presidential expenditures is an argument recycled and used frequently by both sides.

Great gains in the deficit I agree. I also made bank during the Obama years.

Show a single instance of me showing disapproval of the trajectory. My criticisms have always been very specific:

The trade war hurts us and history shows trade wars don’t work

The tax cuts were a deficit fueled disproportionate windfall to the wealthy and in the long run it’ll hurt the middle class

I despise the ■■■■■■■■ talking points that this is the best economy ever and the hypocrisy for criticizing Obama for never hitting 3% growth. Guess what, neither has trump with a massive tax cut and the “best economy”.

His immigration policy is inhumane.

His healthcare policy has caused fewer people to be covered and premiums to increase.

And for those reasons and more, I’ll continue to support anyone who opposes him.

4 Likes

Slower annualized S&P 500 gains than Obama’s presidency. Still good, but I didn’t see you singing the praises of “amazing gains” then…

I remember Trump posting after his first 6 months “1 million jobs created in first 6 months!” And cons were repeating it so happily.

But when you do the math, thats only 167,000 jobs a month.

That was pretty telling.

1 Like

And the #1 reason to support anyone who opposes him: He’s a terrible person.

2 Likes

Don’t recall Obama claiming bankruptcy…How many times has it been for Trump?

1 Like

Go tell someone who cares.

Oh… we know.

3 Likes

They must have missed the “2nd paragraph” :roll_eyes:

But if they want to play POTUS security poker I raise them the amount it cost the taxpayers for the always vacationing & globe trotting Obama’s.

Obama’s what?

I know…facts can hurt sometimes. Its ok…

No he just charges us to stay at his own hotels…Makes out like a…well…con man.

1 Like

The economy is spectacular thanks to this president and it is killing the left. :grin:

It’s not killing anybody. What’s killing me is the reliance on the same government metrics and departments now while claiming they were slow and fake respectively during the last presidency.

I don’t care that it’s hypocritical, i don’t care that it’s inconsistent i do however care when it’s said with bravado. That’s the part that kills me.

1 Like

13 million is nothing for the federal government. Why get exercised about such a petty sum?

“First lady Michelle Obama’s 2010 trip to Spain cost taxpayers nearly $470,000, according to a conservative watchdog group that obtained Secret Service records from the overseas excursion.”

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton invoked the recent scandal involving the General Services Administration’s costly conference in the Las Vegas area in chastising the president’s family for the trip.

“The American people can ill afford to keep sending the First Family on vacations around the globe,” he said in a written statement. “There needs to be greater sensitivity to the costs borne by taxpayers for these personal trips.”

2 Likes

LOL, I love this one:

GLENN BECK, HOST: I saw a story today where something is very, very wrong. And I don’t know what it is yet, and the media is completely missing the real story. I can’t tell you what the real story is yet, but there are too many unanswered questions.

The president’s upcoming trip to India, and other points from there. Report came out that has made rounds on the Internet about the high cost of this trip. Some people say that it is up to $2 billion for 10 days. Is that true? I don’t know!

2 Likes

I distinctly remember hearing on Fox News that the unemployment figures were not accurate during the Obama presidency. Similarly, that the Dow was not a reliable indicator of the health of the USA economy. However, the debt clock was prominent during the Obama presidency as well.

2 Likes

I understand that because it’s politics. Pundits make money by selling a narrative. That’s all good. It’s the lack of discernment that bugs.

"President Obama is packing his bags for a 17-day, taxpayer-funded Christmas vacation to Hawaii, The Washington Times reported. The vacation begins on Friday, December 20.

The first family will reportedly be shacking up at a palatial ocean-front home that rents for $24,500 a week. When you toss in the shaved ice, greens fees, and gas for Air Force One, the American taxpayers could be on the hook for one mighty expensive Hawaiian holiday.

The Hawaii Reporter ran the numbers on last year’s trip and found that it cost taxpayers more than $4 million. That’s some pricy poi."

“That’s some pricy poi.” :smile:

3 Likes