$1.3 TRILLION Added To Debt Since Last Dec

Easy. Step one is remove these asinine tax cuts.

As long as we get a conservative justice or two who are anti-choice, we can blow up the economy, it doesn’t matter. That’s fiscal conservativism in the age of Trump. :+1:

1 Like

Follow Obama’s / democrats policies. He inherited a $1.3trillion deficit and cut it by 60%+. Clinton left with surplus. Higher taxes on rich and corp. Increase spending in consumer class

That electric whirring you hear is the collective drone of millions of mobility devices descending on DC, carrying patriotic Tea Partiers ready to demand fiscal responsibility of our elected officials.

Millions of them, believe me. Gonna be a bigly peaceful revolt.

5 Likes

Real, true fiscal conservatives only care about tax cuts, nothing else.

2 Likes

Periods of guaranteed four percent GDP growth should be times when the deficit is decreasing.

True patriots put tax cuts over country.

1 Like

More for the illegals than the wall to keep them out.

Do the math.

I did the math. Still doesn’t check out. Stupid waste of money. Won’t stop illegal immigrants being here illegally. Just adds more money to the debt and deficit.

2 Likes

Sounds like the ole “tax cuts pay for themselves” which has never, ever been the case. Republicans suck at math.

Been using that math for a while now

That’s pretty pathetic, it’s been a double whammy though as this author puts it:

“The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which led to the biggest drop in corporate revenues outside recessions since the late 60s, and the Bipartisan Budget Act, which greatly increased expenditures, have both exacerbated this effect. Those two pieces of legislation have no doubt lifted economic activity in 2018 – and could provide some additional stimulus next year, albeit at a diminishing rate.”

– Tim Mahedy, Bloomberg Economics

Do you see a continued drop in the dollar and a spike in gold as a result?

I may be mistaken, but I would like to remember the CBO forecasts at the end of the Obama presidency continuing to show the deficit growing after a modest period of contraction which was expected given the enormous expenditures for stimulus combating the great recession. I think undoing the corporate tax cuts is near impossible and even if performed would not be sustained. It’s not clear to me that the democrats have a real plan that will persist for correcting the debt and deficit.

Accepting that the question is why not build the wall then? And why Medicare for All and free college and more military budgets, etc? If we are going to take out loans with no real intention of repaying them then lets cut the politics and just spend.

You are correct the deficits were projected to remain and the debt was projected to continue to grow prior to Obama leaving office:

The main reasons for this have been talked about many times:

The fact is that Social Security and Medicare were not economically designed to support as many people living past 65 and for as long as they do. For instance look how many people are living into their 80’s and 90’s now. Regarding why not just spend and spend? Well their will come a point at which our debt will likely be unsustainable and negative consequences will follow. What that level is I sure as hell don’t know. Although I do think that the Market will likely be more and more sensitive to this issue over the coming months.

We do repay the loans. It’s why treasury Bills are considered safe havens and bought during crisis’

Thanks for digging this up. I believe it’s worth pointing out when a party violates its supposed principles or acts the opposite of its stated objectives, but harping on that doesn’t make for a principled stance by the counterparty if they do not have a legitimately implementable policy. Debt reduction is a difficult political agenda to achieve. It is just not a frequent occurrence.

Post the actual projection. Does it show $1trillion deficits in 2019?

Has a single trump supporter posted here?

Nope…crickets.

It’s quite amusing I had a discussion with two of my friends who are die hard Republicans and they actually believe that Republicans are better at reining in debt and have a higher economic growth when in office. I bet them each a 1000 bucks which they gladly accepted till they did their research. They didn’t end up ponying up but now they know the truth.

I guarantee none of them knew how big our deficits are either. You dont hear Sean, Levin, rush talking about it at all