'You know what? It’s yours': Trump reportedly threw his hands up on Syria during phone call with the Turkish president

How is Turkey going to make a Kurdish nation state in Syria without Syrian government approval?

If America leaves UN, they also leave the UNSC which give them veto power on any international agreement.

Hahahahahaha… oh… let me gather up my cabinet and advisors, form the plan, and publish it on Hannity dot com. I’ll get back to you, Canada.

I’m sure that makes sense to some.

Russia uses UN to sanction America for “Blank” reason, America can’t do anything about it because you gave up your veto power. all 160 + nation now have sanction on America.

So your just going to sit on your hands and hope that Turkey doesn’t force you into a full scale war… Smart policy.

Well Trump is pretty much throwing the established international order, built after WWII, in the toilet.

Wilhelm did something similar. Following German unification in the Franco-Prussian War Bismarck spent the next twenty years building a balance of power in Europe that comformed to the Congress of Vienna but simultaneously worked to Germany’s advantage.

Wilhelm decided to upend all that for a variety of reasons. He envied the British Empire. Rather than work in the confines that Bismarck had established he decided to pursue singular actions with a complete disregard to how the other great powers would view it.

When Bismarck voiced his concerns Wilhelm did something his father never did. He ignored Bismarck’s advice.

2 Likes

So? …

What dates are relevant in this statement?

LOL!

10TrumpChristmasShutdownExtravaganza

Every hour fat donald makes a complete fool of himself.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1076676424310902784?s=21

1 Like

He just can’t quit the stupidity.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1076663817831153664?s=21

1 Like

Because honestly, the last thing NYC needs is more high end condos.

The President is an idiot.

I can sort of understand why people would have voted for him… he was in the GOP ticket and I get that… but to continue in support of this idiot is baffling.

2 Likes

It’s like watching people defend OJ to the very end.

3 Likes

Great album.

1 Like

I’ve never read much on Germany, except insofar as the Russian revolution was partly instigated by fearmongers who tried to say that the Tsar and his wife were in Germany’s pocket.

So… admittedly a Wikipedia student, I am trying to reconcile what you say with an historian’s quote in wikipedia. This is about Bismark… not Wilhelm II:

However, his annexation of Alsace-Lorraine gave new fuel to French nationalism and promoted Germanophobia in France. This helped set the stage for the First World War.

You see? That historian does not attribute WWI to the absence of Bismark’s political guidance but to his own very actions.

And your suggestion that Wilhelm II and Trump are following parallel courses does not fit when you consider this opinion from the same Wiki source:

He [Frederick III] was succeeded by his son, Wilhelm II, who opposed Bismarck’s careful foreign policy, preferring vigorous and rapid expansion to enlarge Germany’s “place in the sun”.

You see…Wilhelm II was not following an isolationist policy.

I maintained that the dynamics in Germany then are different than the dynamics in the US now… very different. But you disagree.
Can I ask where you got your information?

1 Like

Kinda reminds me of this.

She’s pretty, and I think her idea is a good one.

1 Like