'You know what? It’s yours': Trump reportedly threw his hands up on Syria during phone call with the Turkish president

"That development materialized last Friday during a call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, after Erdogan asked Trump why there were still 2,000 US troops in Syria if the Islamic State had been defeated.

“You know what? It’s yours,” Trump said, according to The Washington Post. “I’m leaving.”

The Associated Press reported that members of Trump’s national-security team, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Mattis, wrote out talking points to dissuade Turkey from bringing troops into northern Syria and attacking Turkish Kurds, which would put US forces at risk. The US is allied with the Turkish Kurds in Syria, providing them with supplies and training in the fight against the Islamic State.

But both The Post and the AP explain that Trump went rogue."

Our president isn’t qualified to be a world leader. It’s now up to Congress to try to minimize any additional damage he can cause until the American people can vote him out in two years.

Then we can start repairing relationships and get a calm, rational person in the White House again.

1 Like

This is why Americans elected him President.

1 Like

My very first thought on the very first moment I heard Trump was serious about running for president was that he won’t know jack ■■■■ about foreign policy. I remember it well, because it scared the crap out of me. He is even worse than I had imagined.

10 Likes

yeah, he’s even worse than i thought too. i figured he would at least get bored with it and pass it off to a flunky. as it is he’s using the United States foreign policy to actually try to make one man look better. himself.

At the very least I thought he would be ambivalent with our allies but half the time he is friggin adversarial with our allies and ambivalent with our adversaries.

1 Like

The next president is going to have one hell of a job on his / her hands, trying to clean up US relations and rebuild them again. I don’t envy them the job.

5 Likes

Some say Erdogan threatened to release the Khashoggi murder recording if Trump didn’t go along.

all the world’s leaders know how to manipulate Trump. hell, all they have to do is either watch/listen to him or call Putin.

2 Likes

The dems love them some war.

What do you think about the President kicking over the checkers board before leaving the room?

25th Amendment. Fat donald is a clear and present danger to the national security of our country.

2 Likes

We have needed a rogue president for decades. “Don’t ■■■■ with us!” Far too long we’ve bent over for nations that need us far more than we need them. Playing nice has mired us in all sorts of troubles abound the world.

I don’t know if the speculations listed here about why Trump left Syria are true. But if they are, that’s the best reason so far to support the pull out.

Hope we exit the United Nations too. Seriously. Kick the whole bunch out of Manhattan and sell the complex for high end condos.

1 Like

Jesus was like that too. Always bending over for those that needed him more than he needed them.

1 Like

We need to go to war with Turkey over the Kurds. Yeah, that makes sense.,

We need to put ice cream on our heads, yeah that makes sense.

1 Like

The biggest problem is that Trump takes negotiations with foreign powers personally. Therefore he’s very easy to manipulate.

2 Likes

It is so freakin easy to see how to manipulate him. All you have to do is make him emotional. Hell, if you’ve ever watched The Young and the Restless you know how to manipulate our president.

1 Like

Your source for this?

Or are you just making it up?

It doesn’t help that Russia and SA probably have financial dirt on Trump.

1 Like

And Russia - or China - will move in to fill the gap.