YahooNews: AI Computing Is on Pace to Consume More Energy Than India . . . (Earth Day is April 22)

Hmm sigh.

AI’s voracious need for computing power is threatening to overwhelm energy sources, requiring the industry to change its approach to the technology, according to Arm Holdings Plc Chief Executive Officer Rene Haas.

By 2030, the world’s data centers are on course to use more electricity than India, the world’s most populous country, Haas said. Finding ways to head off that projected tripling of energy use is paramount if artificial intelligence is going to achieve its promise, he said. . . .

Arm Holdings plc btw
is a British semiconductor and software design company based in Cambridge, England, whose primary business is the design of central processing unit cores that implement the ARM architecture family of instruction sets. (Wikipedia)

Hmmmm….invest in electric utility companies?

1 Like

I dunno.
Does this mean our government is suppose to subsidize them or demonize them?
I can’t keep track any more,

Both…depending on the situation and what the polls show.

2 Likes

Well obviously, India has to go.

3 Likes

LOL
I as SO stealing that!!

1 Like

Will libs protest that AI is killing our planet? Inquiring minds want to know.

2 Likes

I am sure ChatGPT will give us a fair and factual answer to that question.

1 Like

I’m sure libs will comply with it’s demands. Ultimate authoritarian. :wink:

He’s right you know. We can now replace all of India with AI-powered customer service chat bots!

giphy

2 Likes

2 Likes

How did we ever get this far without AI? IMO…let’s keep a good thing going.

AI is doing actual work.
Crypto is just wasting energy for no reason. As long as that’s around, AI gets a free pass.

I wonder how many nuclear reactors it takes to power Google’s racist AI…

1 Like

Too much considering if I wanna get called racist names all I have to do is go to redneck gathering and yell the words white trash.

1 Like

Skynet in Kolkata?