Wrongfully Arrested Nurse settles with Police for 500k

The employer is required to have the employee tested under Federal Motor Carrier statute. Again, the Salt Lake City PD isn’t “ entitled” to a blood draw without “reasonable suspicion” of intoxication. The driver was unconscious and his body burned. Somebody overreacted.

3 Likes

■■■■ bag Payne didn’t suspect the cop/truck driver of being under the influence.

Not hurrying would have been to his benefit.

It was a jack-booted humbling.

You don’t know the basic facts of the case and now straw grasping.

15-20 minutes, probably.

■■■■ that cop. The nurse deserves more than that.

6 Likes

That is where the officers over-reacted. The CDL driver wasn’t under criminal investigation, it was only an administrative required test. No need to lay hands on anyone.

I agree, the problem is the cop isn’t the one that pays it. That needs to change.

3 Likes

Irrelevant.

IIRC, the detective was trained and certified to draw blood on behalf of the Police Dept. The nurse wouldnt let him, which is why he had her cuffed and put in a patrol car for 20 minutes so he could go get the blood himself. After he got his blood, he released her with no charges. She had enough cameras in the work area, and petitioned for the body cam footage. But I am old, and my memory might not be 100%.

I really encourage you to watch the video by Lehto. He is a member of the Bar in Michigan, and a practicing lawyer . His videos have no political leaning, and he is very informative.

Nurse wouldn’t let him from her burn patient.

Was he trained and certified to draw blood from a burn patient?

Well, I think the fact that the cop didn’t even try to get a warrant is relevant to his mindset at the time - he either knew that he wouldn’t have been able to get one, or he had some ulterior reason to not involve a judge.

1 Like

He’s a cop, law doesn’t apply to him. You know that.

Judges are on duty to sign warrants all over the place. It would have held him up nu more than 30 minutes. But most likely, he figured the judge would know the law and not sign off on it.

When everything was over and done with I’ll bet a fresh pack of Juicy Fruit gum said LEO’s boss told him: “you ■■■■■■ up ■■■■■■■■■

1 Like

The truth of it is the king’s guard assaulted the commoner for daring to refuse.

He zipped her up and put her in that box to humble her. To remind her of her place.

Never underestimate the influence of arrogance among some officers. The badge, gun and cuffs, and the authority to sometimes use force, goes to a number of officers’ heads.

Wish I could like this post ten times!

As soon as police officers have a financial / criminal culpability in their misdeeds, they will stop. Until then, they just dont care.

2 Likes

They demoted his boss. Payne the ■■■■ bag is still in the cop business - working in a jail where he can really flex.

Milgram/Stanford experiments are real.

3 Likes

I would expect not.
She deserves the nurse of the year medal for looking out for her patients.

She got it from Medscape :wink: