Would the 14th Amendment grant citizenship to children born to parents who are members or sympathizers of terrorist groups?

Yes. The founders wanted something with every amendment. That’s why they’re amendments. If we start using the arguement you presented as justification to alter them then it applies to all the amendments and not just the ones that one side or the other disagrees with. It is an extremely slippery slope

“The founders” didn’t write the 14th Amendment. The 14th was written to address former slaves.

1 Like

people often confuse the term subject to jurisdiction with loyalty to.
they are not the same thing.

I’m a Canadian citizen loyal to the nation of Canada but the second I cross the border I’m subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.

Diplomats are not subject to said jurisdiction and law hence their immunity.

The second someone crosses the border illegal or legally they are subject to the jurisdiction of the United Sates unless otherwise granted immunity.

You are not completely subject to them though.

I’ll be damned.

Example please?

You are the second you enter another country your at their jurisdiction.
If you go to Saudi Arabia and break the law and they 100 lashes.

There is nothing anyone can do to help you.

Can we draft him (if there was a draft), or make him register with selective service?

Jurisdiction is not your choice.

Yes. Why do you guys fixate on the draft?

Yes I can be drafted.
They can pull me off the street and march me to boot camp.

Exactly, we’ve executed illegals. You don’t get more subject to a jurisdiction than that.

I’ve excited a few.

You could make me wear a silly hat if you really wanted.
once someone entry the territory of the United States they subject to whatever laws you impose.

America is a good country.
other countries have very backward laws.

Lol, AUTOCORRECT :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Good to see you posting again.

So they are not subject to our laws? What would happen if one committed a crime here?

I know. You’re correct. Much better example than the draft.

Diplomatic immunity. Like the drunk driving wife who ran from england.

You are unfamiliar with the concept of diplomatic immunity?

Yes, diplomats are not subject to our laws. If they commit a crime within our borders, the only thing we can do is send them home, and hope their country holds them responsible.