Woodward trashes the NYT op-ed

Why is it always this easy…:rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

It would seem he thought he had a gotcha moment to play up and get some support from the Trump cheerleaders here. He didn’t think it through. :slight_smile:

Even with them knowing…I’m just basing it off how Woodward does things. It’s all speculation…

Here’s a lot more of the interview cited in the OP. Woodward’s argument is set in the fact he doesn’t know who the writer is. But the Times wouldn’t have published it without knowing. If they did, he has an argument. But like he did with Deep Throat, they know.

The Times says they know the identity of the person.

1 Like

You say that like you doubt it. They know who it is. They wouldn’t have published it if they didn’t. Journalists don’t use anonymous sources to make things up.

The N.Y. Times has already done that. And CBS.

When? 10char

No, it isn’t the same thing as deep throat, protecting his identity was done because he was disclosing a criminal conspiracy and he claimed to fear for his life. This op-ed is little more than gossip and self-aggrandizement.

Blair? Rather - Bush national guard fakes.

How? The writer has first-hand knowledge of what was in the op-ed.

Liberal Journalist and anonymous OpEd.

Fitting for the Trump administration.

What was in the op-ed wasn’t anything but gossip, he wasn’t disclosing details of a criminal conspiracy. Unless it was his own.

Blair was a plagiarist and a fabricator. He was fired by the Times. As far as Rather goes, he still defends his story to the hilt. So neither of your examples really mean anything.

Basically claiming the prez is a madman but the deep state has everything under control…
Mr. Kush…I mean Mr. Anonymous should reveal himself…

There was no gossip there. That’s some strange word smithing going on there.

At the time, Rather acknowledged, “if I knew then what I know now — I would not have gone ahead with the story as it was aired, and I certainly would not have used the documents in question.”

But the story was true. He just can’t provide any evidence of it.

Did I miss some sort of serious allegation of criminal wrong doing in the piece?