Woodward trashes the NYT op-ed

Why are you reporting his words, then? What significance does his opinion hold over yours or mine on the situation?

The Times knows the ID of the person. Am I missing something? If they didn’t, that would undermine their Op-ed. But they do.

You think I’ll get an answer, or deflection…:thinking:

I bet it’ll be “liberal blah blah” … :slight_smile:

What a quandary for trumpers - what team should they be on - Woodward or anonymous Op Ed.

2 Likes

I’ve already answered that. I’m not going to play Whack -A-Lie this morning.

I think I missed it can you repeat it…

Ooops, you got cornered and won’t answer. Oopsie.

Why is it always this easy…:rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

It would seem he thought he had a gotcha moment to play up and get some support from the Trump cheerleaders here. He didn’t think it through. :slight_smile:

Even with them knowing…I’m just basing it off how Woodward does things. It’s all speculation…

Here’s a lot more of the interview cited in the OP. Woodward’s argument is set in the fact he doesn’t know who the writer is. But the Times wouldn’t have published it without knowing. If they did, he has an argument. But like he did with Deep Throat, they know.

The Times says they know the identity of the person.

1 Like

You say that like you doubt it. They know who it is. They wouldn’t have published it if they didn’t. Journalists don’t use anonymous sources to make things up.

The N.Y. Times has already done that. And CBS.

When? 10char

No, it isn’t the same thing as deep throat, protecting his identity was done because he was disclosing a criminal conspiracy and he claimed to fear for his life. This op-ed is little more than gossip and self-aggrandizement.

Blair? Rather - Bush national guard fakes.

How? The writer has first-hand knowledge of what was in the op-ed.