Won't Be Long Now

The Scarlet letter was appropriate for the time period and thus so are ankle monitors.

Lion tamer hats with neon lights instead.

But, no, seriously, screw them. Our society worries too much about peopleā€™s feewings anyway. Especially all these everoffended twits. So not only have clunky ankle bracelets make them outright tacky in the extreme ā€¦ maybe pink under publicly claimed Arpaio inspired logic that we donā€™t want anyone stealing them. Maybe a hot pink and lime green plaid?

Oh, and they should beep loudly when entering or leaving government buildings.

Iā€™ve been half seriously suggesting that since MS 13 like tattoos so much we should bestow any deported member with a totally free of charge high quality tat of a manā€™s thingie on their face.

Because: screw them.

People are kept locked in prison all the time before they are convicted ā€œby due processā€. You donā€™t just arrest someone for robbing a bank and tell them to hit the road until the trial.

If the aliens with an ankle bracelet have a 99% chance of showng up at their hearings, then the obvious question would be what other methods would assure such a turn out.
Detention is one, but people are going to always opt for the ankle.
If just asking them to show up without keeping track resulted in a 99% show, then that would be just fine. If it does not, then I am all for the ankle bracelet.

Agree completely. And if anyone believes wearing an ankle device is some sort of onerous burden they cannot abide, they can simply chose to remain in custody until their trial.

i have already said this is cheaper and more humane than cages

Did you read that?

They arenā€™t robbing banks.

What does cheaper have to do with humanity?

What alternative do you propose?

Open borders.

Pretty much the drift from your posts. We canā€™t hurt their feelings by stopping them from coming into the country illegally, so we have to do away with immigration laws and borders.

No Thanks.,

Quit trolling.

I read the article and it does point out some of the inconveniences of the monitors, I didnā€™t see anywhere in the article where a judge has made a ruling or anyone is proposing eliminating them. Did I miss something?

Iā€™m not.

Quit insisting on continuing failed policy.

I am predicting the future.

Ahhhhā€¦ arguing about something that might occurā€¦ carry onā€¦

How is it failed policy when it allows people to walk free rather than be in detention?

We have lawsā€¦Iā€™m not for fully open borders, but I am for people coming hereā€¦but unless you streamline and fix the process nothing will be good enough

He thinks heā€™s being clever here.