Will Trump craft an EO that fixes Catch and Release?

Really how bout the illegals in Texas? Arent they counted too…and the last time I looked Texas cast most of its ballots for Trump.

Allan

Well, looks like it’s more complicated…

This fact check refers to voluntary returns as catch and release:

Until recent years, most people caught illegally crossing the southern border were simply bused back into Mexico in what officials called “voluntary returns,” but which critics derisively termed “catch and release.” Those removals, which during the 1990s reached more 1 million a year, were not counted in Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s deportation statistics.

But this indicates the phrase has been used on a bunch of policies…

I guess it really refers to ALL these policies - releasing folks back in mexico, or in the US to await a hearing.

What exactly could Mexico do about it if we did?

Well that isn’t true. Catch and release and turnarounds are two completely different things.

No, those were turnarounds where they voluntarily went back into Mexico to avoid being charged with illegal entry preventing them from then being charged with felonies the next time they got caught and so that they could then immediately return for another try rather than sitting in custody.

I got a headache trying to wade through that. Thanks for trying. I’ll keep it simple for myself, and if I get into details shy away from terms that seem to have changed meaning over the years and only confuse.

Crossing into another country without armed forces without permission is generally frowned upon.

I can see people aren’t serious about immigration when you come up with cockamamied ideas such as invading a sovereign country to solve it.

Allan

Don’t attribute things to me I never said. I simply asked a question and instead of answering it you take a dishonest cheap shot at me.

Unfortunately that’s about the best we can expect from you these days.

I will ask again though, if we did so what exactly is it you think the Mexicans could do about it?