Will there be a spring break Covid surge? Should we care?

You said people 75 and younger did not need to worry. 95 % of all deaths occur between the age of 50 and up. Age 50 to 74 account for 36 percent of that. 1/3 of all deaths occur to those 50 to 74. But we aren’t supposed to worry about them?

This is what I’m referring to. Those under 75 have little to fear…yet 1/3 of all covid deaths occur in this age range.

I didn’t say that. You provided a graph of the actual data…or at least I assume it was. In Texas, we started at 75+, then 1b was 65 and older (Texas went with that above the original CDC recommendation of workers) and is now down to 55+ if they have additional medical problems.

Worry about them if you choose. They all had the opportunity to get vaccinated. So why bother?

My bad…it was not you who said this.

Nah…they all haven’t had the opportunity yet. I know 55 to 65 year Olds in my state who have not had the chance yet.

Slow pokes.

They just opened to 55 last week and 50 this week here in Indiana.

Sure I can. 32% of those 65 and older are fully vaccinated. 40% of those over 65 haven’t received a single dose which is about 21 million people.

Here in Houston, 50+ doesn’t become eligible until Monday. So no.

65 is over the age of 50.

Preexisting medical conditions have been on the list from the start. And that list is long.

They need to get off their asses and go get it.

1 Like

I completely agree. For some it’s more than that though. Politics, fear and misinformation are stopping some from getting it. Several in my family are in that group.

Tough cookies. They have their window. If they don’t want it, move on. But when it comes time to open it, no whining.

The post I responded to said those over 50 had access to the vaccine. I corrected the posters error.

Those over 50 who are also over 65 or have conditions do have access.

That isn’t how the post I responded to put it. Since you seem lost, here it is again…

SP left because they were shoved out the door.

Just ask council/man/woman/it/thing johnson.

They weren’t welcome. Who would stay?

2 Likes

“As the organization faced criticism from the start over its views on marriage, Franklin Graham, who heads the organization, has made it clear that they treat all patients and do not discriminate.”

Its not enough that they comply with all laws and regulations, they must become true believers. They must change their culture.
Its a thing the left does now.

3 Likes

I also agree. However, that wouldn’t make the serious illness or death of a loved one much easier. They should be vaccinated. They should take it upon themselves to prevent their own illness/death related to COVID. Still sucks if they don’t and bad stuff happens.