Will the taliban take over Afghanistan again?

We have some brand new 5 kt bombs that would be perfect for the mission.

1 Like

i bet! thereā€™s a wide range of tactical nuke options in play here

orā€¦

we could avoid being the sewer worldā€™s police

The Taliban has already taken A-stan back.

how about more drones!?

look how good they worked

The Taliban defeated the Soviets.

The Afghans defeated the British Empire in multiple wars in the nineteenth century.

The US has no reason to be fighting in Afghanistan at this point.

Looks like with the Taliban taking over they wonā€™t need to worry about a mask mandate with covid for the women, if their past is any indication.

Blood for oil? Not saying Iā€™m against such a thing, but a bigger hammer is in order.

And when Biden said weā€™re doing it now, and gave a time frame is when the exchange I mentioned took place. Jeebus.

Biden made a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  announcement about it and that is when the exchange I mentioned took place. For crying out ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  loud it was just a light comment with an element of humor but I get hit with a drooling Pavlovian response of

MUST

DEFEND

TRUMP

Lighten the ā– ā– ā– ā–  up already.

4 Likes

Probably too late based on the China comments.

Yup. Taliban is coming back. Iā€™d wager 3 years or less.

I just started keeping up with it, I think some of it will depend on how well they are accepted back and a close eye on Kabul. It looks like one of the three cities that fell today Kunduz has nearly 400,000 people I wonder how many of those were happy the Taliban is back. There total estimated numbers donā€™t look impressive much like ISIS but ISIS was able to take large swathes of territory because a lot of the territory they took the populace was happy to have them and didnā€™t fight back.

Itā€™s premature of me comparing the two but I do wonder if the Talibanā€™s recent sweeping advancements has something to do with the fact the citizens there donā€™t mind them coming back like they did in parts of Iraq during the caliphate.

I donā€™t want the troops to be there. I was a young man of 18 when 9/11 happened. Itā€™s baffling we were there for 20 years.

I canā€™t argue on the way the withdraw should or shouldnā€™t have taken place as I donā€™t have military experience and would be naively talking about things I donā€™t know about. Biden will get flak from the war elements of both parties if the place disintegrates.

I personally donā€™t care what happens to any of them other than the translators who helped America they should have gotten a green card day one. After reading about the culture of that place I canā€™t in good will back being in a place were the men put women in burkas while they go out partying with underaged boys in the practice of Bacha bazi.

1 Like

Same problem as most of sub Saharan Africa.

Most beautiful place on earth. But full of nut jobs who lob off arms and blow up buildings.

IMO, those new 5kt warheads are dangerous.

Weā€™d have to give the Russians significant forewarning so they wouldnā€™t completely lose their ā– ā– ā– ā–  if we launched one since they are carried on Trident IIs exclusively.

They have no way to tell whether the fired missile is carrying the 5kt or the usual 175-300kt payloads. And frankly theyā€™d probably accuse us of lying to them if we said it was a 5kt.

Conventional weapons are the way to go. No risk of accidentally starting a nuclear war.

Itā€™s a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up culture, thatā€™s for sure.

Weā€™ve made the same mistake with Africa.

We let the Chinese waltz up in there and build out the infrastructure. And they will reap the rewards of a continent full of mineral resources.

The west is too short sighted. That is the biggest failure of our culture. We never look at the long term picture.

We ā€œletā€ them? How does that work, exactly? These are sovereign states, not American fiefdoms.

China showed up with the dough, and these countries accepted.

Also, Iā€™d like to remind you that the right loses their collective minds at the prospect of spending money on or in foreign countries; soft power is for losers.

We didnā€™t even try. Thatā€™s my point.

You canā€™t out bid China, they will send a hundred thousands ā€œWorkersā€ to the Middle east to shovel dirt.