Will Mitch follow his own standards?

None of this was cited in 2016 as the reason for McConnell’s obstruction. It was all about “It’s an election year - the people should decide.” Well, it’s an election year. The people should decide.

His standard are American standards, how can we tell?

He’s not in love with the CCP like the Democrats!

1 Like

let’s stay in the here and now. Don’t cry over spilled milk.

yippeee @Weedhopper for congress. I’m voting for you,

1 Like

Says the commentariat of FISA warrants and “her emails”.

Also known as “situational ethics”.

did I just enter the twilight zone

you may be talking about yourself, not I

No we are talking about the same thing.
I am sure you like and agree with craving out house districts in states so minorities have a voice.
The electoral college was the founding fathers way of giving low population states a voice.
States vote for president not citizens.
What you want is to silence the low population states and not let them have any voice at all.
Thankfully the founding fathers were smart enough to realize that this would lead to mob rule and eventually civil unrest.

4 Likes

You rock O&T. BRAVO

Well said!

1 Like

Nope. Applying one standard where it works to your advantage, then applying a different standard in the same circumstance when the first doesn’t work to your advantage, is known as “situational ethics”. Also known as a “double standard”.

Yep, math checks out.

We better go do some reading and learn. States vote for president not people.

2 Likes

If the left believed that people vote, their states wouldn’t be pushing to have their votes go to the popular vote winner regardless of how their citizens voted.

States vote.
Just currently most go with way their population votes.

1 Like

Maybe you need to read the constitution the senate is the states vote. The people of the state elect their senators to be their state vote in the senate. That is why each state gets the same number of senators.
The house is based on population of the state. So each state gets so many house members based on the state population.
Don’t they teach this in school any more.

1 Like

It’s the same thing.
You believe house districts should be drawn so low population minority voters in a state have a voice in who gets elected to represent the state.
The founding father took the same road. They believed that low population states should have a voice in electing the President.
I really wish they would teach all this in schools like they used.

States don’t vote for president. People do. Why is this such a hard concept to understand?

A Republican voting in Wyoming is voting for the same president as a Republican in California. Why does it matter where that Republican lives?

They why do I cast a vote?

You really need to go back to school and learn how our government works. You only vote for President in your state. So your vote only counts in your state. After you vote your state votes for who ever your state decided they wanted for President.
Your vote for President only counts in your state.

In a presidential election you are voting for the president of ALL states. A Republican voting for Trump in California is the same as a Republican voting for Trump in Wyoming. There is literally no difference Nationally.