Will Biden protest rising hate crimes in Canada?

as an Indigenous person I’m very glad the Alaskan government honoured them.

I wish these church burning would stop they do not help anyone.

Has it been established then that it is indigenous people who are doing this burning?

RCMP is yet to comment.
but they are taking this very serious we will likely see arrests.

I’m curious as to the significance of these graves. Certainly it was more common in the past for young people to die than now. Has anyone calculated the death rates compared to elsewhere, and if higher, why? I mean, surely no one believes they were intentionally killing these people.

Ps…Can find much on internet. Death rates were significantly higher than in Canada as a whole…likely due to poor conditions.

There is a very long report on this subject we have proof of just over 3,000 deaths most due to illness, healthcare wasn’t very important within the school system.

but there are also a large amount of “Missing” children without records, we are still trying to find.

there was also widespread abuse within the school we have both records of it and first hand testimony.

The intent of the school was not to “Kill” them but it was very much to remove their culture/religion/etc we know this based on the reasoning of the government that created of the system in the first place.

The government of Canada has already paid out reparation to all living victims and their families, a number of churches have also paid reparations.

the existence of these unmarked graves wasn’t shocking most of us who read the report or watch the committee give their findings to Parliament.

it was simply a matter of finally giving them proper burials.

I will note that both Indigenous leaders, survivors of the schools condemn burning churches in their names.

And this guy deigns to speak for indigenous peoples:

Levant further pointed out that the “churches often have aboriginal indigenous congregants and they’re saying don’t burn our churches down. It’s the Canadian equivalent of when Black Lives Matter burns down Black-owned businesses in Black neighborhoods.”

Dude…just condemn the violence…don’t deign to pretend to understand how the indigenous peoples feel about horrific crimes committed against them.

What tribe does this person claim to belong to?