Will Biden protest rising hate crimes in Canada?

At least 20 churches in Canada have been burned or vandalized, and Rebel News founder Ezra Levant questioned Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s response to the mounting crime spree Wednesday on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

“This is so explicitly an anti-church hate crime wave and yet Justin Trudeau, who is normally the first and the wokest, waited a week before saying anything and he literally said ‘that’s not the way to go,’” Levant stated.

Will the Biden administration protest against anti-Christian violence in Canada?

Are the attacks in Canada likely to spread to the US?

Or is burning churches not really a hate crime since many in leftist elites tacitly believe that anti-Christian violence is justified?

Why would Joe Biden have anything to say about Canadian vandalism and arson cases?

Should he have an opinion on the internal Bulgarian blackmarket rose trade too?

3 Likes

No matter what cause they are protesting, destruction of property is not a legitimate means of protest.

I get the anger over the treatment of indigenous peoples in the past, but this doesn’t bring those people back, nor does it help move anything forward now.

2 Likes

Unlikely, as these church burnings appear to be associated with First Nations protestors, over the discovery of brutal mass graves of indigenous children who were essentially kidnapped by Church-run boarding schools.

1 Like

We’re just about due for ‘critical religion theory’ panic, where discussion of actual misdeeds done by Christian missionaries is really ‘persecution of freedom of religion’.

5 Likes

Canada is not our business.

3 Likes

Just about due?

That was what the OP was all about.

And when you click through to the article you get this:

“I think these are dark days for religious freedom in Canada,” said Levant.

And this guy deigns to speak for indigenous peoples:

Levant further pointed out that the “churches often have aboriginal indigenous congregants and they’re saying don’t burn our churches down. It’s the Canadian equivalent of when Black Lives Matter burns down Black-owned businesses in Black neighborhoods.”

Dude…just condemn the violence…don’t deign to pretend to understand how the indigenous peoples feel about horrific crimes committed against them.

1 Like

Can’t even jump sharks anymore, can we?

Might be nice if posters actually read their own links.

The Habsburg tulips man!

1 Like

Seems fitting.

Church burning is fitting?

As in, just? Or, just a fitting retribution? Something else?

The I in BIPOC.

My first thought when reading the headline was is there a significant Canadian black metal scene?

2 Likes

Indigenous rage over systemic kidnapping and torture of children is persecution of religion?

Varg hearts this.

2 Likes

Well that’s what Levant…and apparently the OPer…seem to think.

Hope the Moro and Visayans never come up…

Is that what I said?

Too late.