Wild Boars Attack Horses Across Southeast!

From a meat aspect. They eat the same diet and are subject to the same parasites. I would never eat commercial pork without proper cooking, at least to 165.

Seems to me hunting these beasties could be pretty dangerous.

I’ve had them served to me every which way now and you know with every bite it’s feral pig.

Maybe you could capture and feed that out of them but, there’s no good reason to waste that effort.

Wacky friend of mine took in a piglet he couldn’t put down after getting the mamma. It’s the guard pig now, thinks it’s one of the dogs. Shame his million cousins are out there getting crazy.

Yet.

I have been following this issues of wild pigs for many years now. I first became aware of what a problem this was from farmers in the family out in Oklahoma about 1995 or so.

They were rutting fields, causing equipment damage, cattle injuries, and substantial crop damage. There was pretty much open season on them. They do make for some tasty sausage especially when combined with deer meat.

I haven’t ever been served any that wasn’t pretty darned tasty?

Well, to further narrow it down, from a “meat health” aspect. I was mainly referring to the parasites naturally found in all pork, wild or commercial.

Obviously there is the flavor difference. :smile:

I don’t know if they are good to eat I just see so many deer these days everywhere near the city that I assume less people are hunting and considering the people I work with the guys wear women’s jeans I see why :slight_smile:

There are some good videos on YouTube to watch on that, the speed of these things amazed me how fast they charged the hunters.

Can’t tell if serious or not.

I checked out a few of the videos. Those things are terrifying.

I love it. Rather eat wild hog then any other meat.

Yeah, it’s why I’m a bit guarded when it comes to my 7 year old playing alone in the woods. I did at that age, but we didn’t have the coyote and boar infestation we have now.

Like most wild animals not really all that dangerous unless wounded, trapped and protecting young.

Most attacks not in category above are thought more to be just a bomb burst of pigs and one happened to come your way.

Now dogs are different. They will instinctively attack that.

I can imagine.

Here in NJ, just a few miles outside on NYC, we have coyotes as well. Recently there were reports of coyotes attacking dogs in their own backyards just a mile or two away from where we live. We don’t let our dogs out in the backyard alone anymore.

what I haven’t understood is places screen about the hogs then charge you to hunt them. most of the time limiting you to just one. In NM people are not allowed to charge for hunting pigs. Keeps people from importing or raising and letting them go. so goes the theory anyway.

We have blacks bears and coyotes here in Dover. Never paid too much mind to them.

Once every few years a young male bear comes into town and gets treed. Huge excitement as they tranquilize the varmit and relocate him to a more hospitable area in jersey, far from the maddening crowd.

Allan