Wild Boars Attack Horses Across Southeast!

All across social media, I’ve seen reports of a certain horse slasher making his way through the community cutting horses. The outrage over some evil sob going around at night and disfiguring these animals has been felt by everyone encountering the pictures posted by their heartbroken owners. In many cases, the animals had to be put down.

Well, SCDNR came out with a conclusion today. Looks like wild boar attacks were the culprit all along.

1 Like

Nasty animals when feral. Not surprising they ended up being the culprit.

1 Like

1 Like

The pigs are winning.

1 Like

Thankfully they don’t get up as far as Surry County in North Carolina. They are present in the far southwestern counties, but not up my way.

Yes they are. We generally have a group of 20 or so run through the pasture at night. My neighbor, who farms the acreage across the road, hired a guy with a remote fence to get rid of some, but the stragglers repopulate, and we’re covered up with them again in no time.

Catch em and eat em. Or is that not possible.

Allan

They’re breeding faster then they cam eat em.

Great movie…

You don’t want to eat them once they get past 60-80 lbs.

Are there any predators that can help keep them in check, or is that just going to make the problem worse?

Yes, I’ve caught a few. But I’ve never been too crazy about wild hog meat. Too many creepy crawlies in them.

Coyotes are not really robust enough to take on adult boar. They might pick off a few young, but not enough to make an impact. Bears don’t seem want to mess with boars.

No native cat species in the east capable of taking down a boar.

Not really much different from domestic swine. Just make sure you get that meat heated to 165 degrees at least and you should be fine.

Yeah, that’s what they say. I’m still not very interested.

A bunch of hunters, seems people hunt in lower these days.

I love deer, duck, dove and turkey. I just don’t trust wild pigs. Filthy animals. Anything you might get sick from dressing out don’t belong in my belly.

The lil ones have at best, a few tasty bits.

But that does no one any good when a pack is tearing thru.

I’ve never seen peace loving hippies turn Rambo quicker than at the sight of hog on the ridge line.

My collie is not that much different from a wolf.