Why would asking for an investigation of a political opponent, who has been accused in news reports of potentially corrupt actions, be an abuse of power?

Yup- it defies all logic.

Demanding a public announcement is good and right and patriotic! (But we don’t want to openly say we are doing it.).

Ummmmmmmmm…

Because it’s a non-issue. It would be legal and ethical either way. So, why not let the Dems whip themselves into an insane lather over it?

You are calling your own argument a “non-issue”

1 Like

I have lost count of how many times I’ve posted that one sentence response here.

Wait so your theory is that an investigation into the Bidens is good, proper and patriotic- but the administration has been keeping it secret because they knew that would bug liberals? Seriously?

1 Like

" Multiple U.S. officials eventually had to apologize to Ukraine officials for all the “false” information from U.S. officials, especially about the prosecutor, Viktor Shokin.

Solomon writes:

“Burisma’s American legal representatives met with Ukrainian officials just days after Biden forced the firing of the country’s chief prosecutor and offered “an apology for the dissemination of false information by U.S. representatives and public figures” about the Ukrainian prosecutors…”

They also promised to introduce Ukrainian prosecutors to Obama officials. It was the cherry on the sundae.

Hunter Biden served on the board of an American lobbying and public relations firm, Blue Star Strategies, run by Sally Painter and Karen Tramontano, who both served in President Bill Clinton’s administration. Hunter was paid tens of thousands by their firm as well.

The company worked with a defense attorney named John Buretta. After some manipulations, the three scored a meeting in Ukraine with the new prosecutor replacing Shokin, Yuriy Sevruk.

Sevruk immortalized the meeting in memo form and it was given to Solomon.

During the meeting, the three apologized for the “false” narrative that had been provided by U.S. officials about Shokin being corrupt and inept.

“They realized that the information disseminated in the U.S. was incorrect and that they would facilitate my visit to the U.S. for the purpose of delivering the true information to the State Department management,” the memo stated.

Sadly, we are hearing in the U.S. media once again defame Mr. Shokin, claiming he was fired because he was corrupt and inept.

Recently, in a European court, Shokin swore he was fired because he refused to end the corruption investigation at Biden’s urging [the extortion].

“The truth is that I was forced out because I was leading a wide-ranging corruption probe into Burisma Holdings, a natural gas firm active in Ukraine and Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, was a member of the Board of Directors,” Shokin testified.

“On several occasions, President Poroshenko asked me to have a look at the case against Burisma and consider the possibility of winding down the investigative actions in respect of this company but I refused to close this investigation,” Shokin added.

Solomon has those documents also."

1 Like

It was not in Biden’s self interest to fire the prosecutor that was NOT investigating Burisma

Perhaps this can be auto-posted over and over and over again.

No. I made an either/or statement, and said that either way there would be nothing unethical. The Dems grabbed one scenario and manufactured it into a faux scandal before the WH made any statement about it. Because they did that, accused Trump of wrong before any presentation of the bare facts, it’s quite legitimate for him to neither confirm nor deny, and leave them to flail around in their own ignorance.

Was Sevruk, the deputy AG, who replaced Shokin, corrupt?

Okay so- the White House has all the evidence of why this is good and right and patriotic…but is hiding it because…it will make liberals angry?

I guess the WH has the same info we have, and we can see why an investigation would be good, right and patriotic. The basis for an investigation are public source. Why should the WH duplicate that info?

Or, Trump never said to request, or maybe demand, a public statement, and that was someone else’s idea. We don’t have enough details yet to know for sure what Trump himself instructed to be done.

Shokin was replace by Lutsenko

Why not be completely clear about it. You believe it was good and patriotic and right, no?

Yuriy Sevrik, Shokin’s deputy, replaced Shokin, and was replaced by Yuriy Lutsenko. John Solomon has written docs from Sevrik. Was Sevrik corrupt?

Because the Dems have been a bunch of partisan hacks for three years and refused to negotiate with a president who was trying to be non-partisan, but to get the two parties to work together to fix important issues. They don’t deserve to be humored.

1 Like

He was “acting” PG for 6 weeks, what’s your point?

Read the post.

“John Solomon has written docs from Sevrik. Was Sevrik corrupt?”

I wish that made sense.

The administration should be proud of their efforts and describing their amazing work everywhere they can. But for some reason they aren’t.

Your opinion is duly noted.