Why today's music sucks

In this months lesson of why todays music DOES NOT suck here is an album track (not a single) off of Nightwish’s new album which comes out in the US tomorrow. Crunching guitars throughout contrasting with symphonic music and contrasting vocals. And a massive vocal stylistic change near the end. Can you even count on one hand the number of singers of the last 30 years who could go through the musical tempo, stylistic, and octave changes that lead singer Floor Jansen goes through in this song.

2 Likes

Another song by them and the actual first single with a real video from the album. This is more straight forward metal. If your not familiar with the band there are two females in the video. The blonde is an instagram model, the lead singer is the brunette with the kid in the video.

And just to prove the talent of their lead singer, Floor Jansen, she was on a Dutch reality show last year where they gathered various singers from different genres to sing each others songs. Despite how huge she is in the metal scene Floor is largely unknown in her own country as metal isn’t popular there. By the end of the season she was the clear star of the show as she not only dominated the show every week she sang songs in 5 different languages. On the finale episode she dueted with a guy on the show who was a theater singer in the Netherlands and had starred as the Phantom for many years. How many rock or pop singers do you think could so effortlessly do the female role of Phantom like she did?

2 Likes

this is awesome. Phantom really shines with the “chunga-chunga” of metal guitar.

it’s like a perfect King Diamond record.

Today’s music sucks, so I’m bumbling around on a fret board trying to make noises my damn self. I just have no idea what genre is coming out of my guitar. lol