Why should someone start believing in God?

Why do you say that?

That is the point of the thread. Why does belief in God bother some?

Because that’s what I believe.

If Mr. Right, and he’s never wrong believes it, and so does Booger, than it has to be right!
After all, one guy is perfect and the other ones a Booger. How can you go wrong with that? lol.

But above all Mr. Fairy man. He’s super famous on here. We should all be humbled in the presents of greatness, of such smart things, or its, or people.

I meant, what is it, precisely, that you feel God does not want?

She would not want you to put her above friends, family, loved one’s.

Pretty much my experience to a T.

There is no “evidence” that God does not exist that does not contain certain presuppositions regarding the entity in question.

1 Like

How is it possible to do that? For example, if a loved one wanted me to rob a bank, should I put that above God’s will?

What’s gods will?

In the above example, Thou shalt not steal.

That’s not putting god’s will above your bank robbing loved one.

My loved one wants me to rob a bank. God wants me not to steal.

What do you want to do?

I don’t feel I have a right to take other people’s money nor do I want to potentially spend time in the penitentiary, so I don’t rob the bank. Pretty simple, no diety needed.

1 Like

Exactly, just because your will and god’s will are going in the same direction doesn’t mean your putting god above everything.

1 Like

I’ve never understood the argument that you need to believe in a diety to have morality. I’m an atheist and I try to treat people the way I would want to be treated. I think its the right thing to do, not because I fear divine retribution.

1 Like

This is side-stepping the issue you raised. How are you going to live your life? God’s advice/commands is to live your life aiming for the ideal or for what is right. Or, are you going to live your life being a people-pleaser for your loved ones?

That is precisely the issue I am raising in this thread. God is not needed for mankind to decide on its own to put love and perfection of ideals first–over and above all else. Should this way be taught and encouraged?

If so, then why do people who do not believe in God get so bent out of shape when people believe there is a God who personifies love and perfection?

If God interacts with the world then we should be able to find evidence of this.

If not, then he is no different than him not existing.