Why Roe v Wade should be overturned

Powers that are not clearly defined in the Constitution should be left to the states. Row v Wade was a political decision from the start. The Constitution is silent about abortion, therefore, so should the courts. It should be left to the states to decide, or if the votes are there, the legislature. Absent the legislature passing a bill, and being signed into law by the President, this issue should be left to the states.

Too many times politicians use the courts to give them cover so they dont have to make hard decisions. Or they attempt to use the courts to enact laws that they cant otherwise pass. Both sides of the political aisle do it. The republicans attempted to use the courts to get rid of the ACA when they were to afraid to take a stand before the American People. This is wrong. When the courts get things wrong, like dread v scott, future courts should correct their mistakes and reverse those courts.

There is no enumerated power in the Constitution that grants a woman the right to an abortion. If some people want there to be one, amend the Constitution.

1 Like

Keep in mind their is no enumerated power granted to government over our body/bodies.

Abortion exposes hypocrisy on both sides of political isle. It’s why I usually stay out of abortion threads.

5 Likes

Nods in agreement so eagerly that strikes head on desk

1 Like

Ending Roe v Wade would not end abortion; it would simply makes it a question for each state.

Mississippi does not need to have the same laws as California. That approach is consistent with the constitution.

6 Likes

I understand that…that’s where it should have been. But even if it’s left to the state I still have a problem of granting state rights to my body.

Look no farther then what some states are doing with covid.

In general I agree- and frankly at this point I am for the end of Roe. Red states have found ways to whittle down abortion protections to the point where there are already de facto abortion bans in some states.

What is interesting to me is if that the end of Roe also leaves open the possibility of new laws passed by Congress that will outlaw abortion in blue states . That might seem laughable but without constitutional protections there will be nothing stopping that from happening.

True, and the exact opposite could also happen as well. But that is the system we live under until they meet the threshold to amend the constitution.

I dont think the states should have rights to your body…But they should have the right to stop people from giving you medical procedures that results in the death of another.

It is a bad law based not on the constitution but the Justices of the time’s political bias.

It should be overturned based on that as well as the immorality of killing unborn babies imo.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

If the court says that abortion questions are outside of federal control, then it would require a Constitutional Amendment to end abortion nationally.

Suspect that is what the decision will be. Expect restrictions in red states.

Expect abortion to continue without restriction in blue states. They may even establish retroactive abortion/infanticide as a right so that fathers can have equal access.

2 Likes

control over one’s body …

still can’t kill yourself - (unless you’re Epstein)

2 Likes

Well I think they will say its out of judicial control to establish a medical decision (24 weeks viability). I don’t think they can say its out of legislative control on a federal level. I think the point they will make is that this is indeed a political question decided on a political level.

Yes, I agree.

According to most of the left, claiming that abortion is a women’s rights issue is transphobic. The forced-vaccination mob has abandoned the idea that medical decisions should be strictly personal.

1 Like

I think that’s the exact basis for it remaining a right until viability.

What is the left’s hypocrisy on this issue?

I do think that abortion bans in red states will lead to.a massive increase in underground home based medication abortion. Even with bans and laws against it, people will find a way to make their own decisions about their bodies. Luckily these pills are far safer than the old methods.

"Before her daughter’s birth, she spent weeks in bed. Another difficult pregnancy would be worse as she tried to care for her toddler.

Faced with that possibility, the 28-year-old Texas woman did what a growing number of people have considered: She had a friend in another state mail her the pills she needed to end her pregnancy. She took the pills, went to bed early and describes the experience as “calm” and “peaceful.”

Why?

Doesn’t a US citizen in CA have the same rights that a citizen in Mississippi has?

1 Like

But the converse of this is, the state requiring you to host a being to term, and endure the effects of pregnancy and possible medical interventions.

They are not requiring anyone to host anything…The decision to host was made at the time of the implant, and not by the state.

3 Likes

It’s pretty obvious don’t you think?