Why renewable energy can't save the planet

I use to surf at Trestles until I found out the waste was sitting in rusting containers under the sand

The issue is most nuclear plant require a large water source.

Um…there are currently 23 reactors in the US…including one 5 miles from my house…with the same design.

Really?

Not in my back yard syndrome…

That would imply I want others to have it in their backyard, which is false. I want it in no ones backyard (strategically away from population centers).

Its half and half the fuel isn’t renewable but the way the power is produced is via steam, your using nuclear fission to produce heat to create steam which then spin a turbine.

similar to hydroelectric which uses falling water to spin a turbine.

Can you define a non-stupid place?

There are a limited of places you can build a nuclear power plant because of the requirement of a large source of water.

the issue is less where you build it and more of where you plan to store the fuel rods after they are used up.

the fault is of little consequence. so is the tsunami

what will the flood do, if one were to happen?

please explain

remember now, theres no reactor that has just been shut down and requires power to remove decay heat like fukishuma!

email the author! curious to see what his reaction of ignorance would be

You are utterly clueless if you think the Newport-Inglewood fault is of no consequence to San Onofre.

The opposite of a coastal earthquake zone

“well documented” doesnt mean accurate.

(la times)

none of it is reliable

you don’t trust the NRC now?

if not, you will not sleep tonight. there are well over 80 some plants of similar design in operation in US right now. all approved by them

yes, let’s keep playing. lol

Which is why the safety system need to be upgraded to deal with large scale damage something which wasn’t done at fukishuma because they didn’t think it would happen.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition. And uranium is not a renewable resource. In fact, depending on the price of extraction, we are not talking about long, in relative terms.

cant believe this is happening, but you… are… correct

I work at the second largest nuclear power plant in the world.

Then you should know uranium is a finite resource.

and i help design them!

is this what it sounds like… when doves cry???

The amount of uranium needed is tiny and it doesn’t need to be enriched.