Why is Trump complaining about NASA?

Nice college try.

1 Like

His problem?

He is an old man in the early to middle stages of serious mental decline and was never all that together to begin with. So you have him totally contradicting himself in a way that would have most of his supporters looking for nursing homes if it was coming from their parents. But they are so invested that they can’t admit how bizarre he is behaving and how unfit he is for office, no matter what he does.

1 Like

We’re going to Mars and the Moon is going to pay for it.

5 Likes

For those that want to know what Trump was talking about.

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/moon-to-mars/overview

It is. NASA plans to first have a sustainable presence on the moon by 2028 and then put astronauts on Mars by 2030. It makes the President’s tweet seem a little odd. “NASA should do more than go to the moon. They should go to Mars, which they are already planning on doing, as well as defense and science.”

Those of us that know history know of the advancements made in science because of the push to land men on the moon so it won’t be hard to imagine the advances in technologies that will happen with this latest push.

Don’t go to the moon!

Unless you are on your way to Mars and need to pull over to get some hamberders. Then go to the moon!

Agreed, new materials, environmental tech, possibly new fuel, bio engineered plants etc. List is endless.

The lower delta-v to escape the Earth’s gravity well from the moon means we can either launch larger payloads with existing rockets or use smaller rockets to launch the same payloads. Either way we are saving resources, especially if they can be found on the moon.

It’s not rocket… never mind. :slight_smile:

And in trumpsplain speak that makes the Moon a part of Mars? Smart people say that’s not so.

Biggest problem is fuel, if we can use the Moon as gas station that will in itself be big bonus. That alone would be be some value never mind materials we can mine.

How do you propose we build a base on the Moon without umm…actually going to the Moon?

I think Trump got himself confused.

This might be some explanation.

And if it’s a gas station, there should also be some covfefe and hamberders there, maybe some of those weiners on that rolling pin thing. I see a “Trump” licensing opportunity here.

They could have vienna sausages on the rolling-pin grill. Super Mario arcade game in the corner. Maybe sell some T-Shirts that say “Trump University: Rockett Scientist!” (sic) “Space Force” or “Paw Paw went to the moon and all I got was this dumb T-shirt.” Neckties that extend way beyond the Van Allen belt.

2 Likes

It doesn’t explain why crazy old man was yelling at NASA for talking about something he was boasting about a month ago.

Titan is the place to be IMO.

Like who else can spend the money on a worthless Moon or Mars fort? If we really have the resources to waste on this what’s the deal with college tuition and healthcare? Where’s the how are we going to afford it talk?

That’s the understatement of the year.

Many, many people didn’t know that.

1 Like

“I was the victim of a series of accidents.”