Why is our mainstream media not reporting on the current consequences of illegal immigration?

Don’t forget we have a way for people to become legal citizens in America…the process is already in place. This is from the Washington Post…

“The number of people who became U.S. citizens reached a five-year high in fiscal 2018, according to a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services report that shows the U.S. government has maintained the same rate of approving citizenship applications even as the Trump administration has pledged to tighten legal immigration protocols.

Support our journalism. Subscribe today

USCIS naturalized 756,800 people in fiscal 2018, a 16 percent increase from 2014, with approval rates for applications processed declining slightly — to just below 90 percent. A foreign national has to be a legal permanent resident of the United States for at least five years before applying for citizenship.”

This country already has a process in place. It’s not easy, it’s bulky and maybe too expensive and could use some streamlining…but it’s the part of this issue that never gets discussed.

I m no expert, but why are we endlessly disrespecting the millions who got here the right way?

1 Like

And if you believe/accept/allow everyone in the world to bypass every other country and claim asylum in America how’s that not open borders? I mean why not let over a billion people claim asylum in the US?

Big AL is happy to drink whatever coolaid the Dems give him.

Offer free stuff at the US taxpayers expense and they will come.

Like his wife’s parents. They are a great benefit for America.

Allan

It’s true and you can look it up.

Asylum seekers are kept on a short leash.

Allan

This was following the law at the time. It really is an irrelevance.

This is not about just asylum seekers. Most illegals just disappear without bothering to claim asylum. Are you under the impression that the tens of millions of illegals in this country are awaiting asylum hearings, at which point most will be sent back home?

I posted an immigration link that was comprehensive about the problem.

Here it is.

https://trac.syr.edu/immigration/

1,400,000 in backlog as of August 31, 2021.

https://trac.syr.edu/phptools/immigration/court_backlog/apprep_backlog.php

As you can clear see.

This backlog is way before biden took office.

No enough immigration judges.

Allan

More immigration judges is great.

Even greater is never letting these hordes into the country in the first place.

And that backlog, according to general estimates, would represent 5-10% of illegals in the country.

The vast majority entering will never see an immigration judge.

2 Likes

Many Haitians came from other countries they fled to after leaving Haiti for whatever reason. Those countries apparently didn’t offer the free stuff J’Biden promised them if they just show up.

4 Likes

From different sources I’ve heard as much 50% get through undetected. So theoretically if 200,000 are known another 200,000 are getting past the system.

Surely it was not appropriate given his strident opposition or was it just another lie?

It is interesting that an estimate can be made on the number of people who get through undetected.

Dude I m sorry but put down the whatever you’re drinking or smoking.

No one knows who the asylum seekers are and damn sure none of those people are on a short leash. Your boy Biden has turned that southern border into a non existent suggestion. More than a million people have entered America the wrong way…

You say they know who they are…no they don’t. How can they? The system is so overwhelmed even if there are genuine asylums seekers with legitimate asylum claims, they are lost somewhere in the shuffle of 200000 people a month that we know if not counting the “gotaways”, the fentanyl, the sex slaves, and God only knows what else.

Allen you told me last spring “no don’t worry about it when it gets hot they’ll quit coming.” Oops. You told me after Biden canceled the wall which was a great idea by the way (building it not stupidly cancelling it) that he was just pausing the maintenance or some such thing…no they canceled it. So forgive me but you now telling me there’s some “legitimate process where the asylum seekers are in a short leash” in the middle of this chaos…no there’s not. How can there be…Biden said during the campaign America can handle 2 million more new residents, I forget the exact quote. He thru the southern border wide open, he has completely kneecapped our border law enforcement officials, and we are in the process of watching 2 million people or more walk into America across that wide open border. And if this failed presidency is not stopped we ll see this fiasco again next year and in 2023 and in 2024. And that my friend is purely unacceptable…impeachably unacceptable.

You want an orderly process for the legitimate asylum seekers to come to America so they can be kept on a short leash…then hop on the reality train stop defending every stupid thing that goofball in the White House has done and tell your leftist buddies to start demanding the Texas land rush at our wide open southern border be brought to an end.

It should tell you everything you need to know that after all the chaos, all the Covid, all the fentanyl, all the sex slaves, all the dead people found and nearly dead people rescued by our border authorities, after 200000 plus people a month crashing our party not even being mentioned by the senile old man in the White House while he orders the rest of us to wear masks and get shots…

After all of that the only thing the Democratic establishment in Washington can seem to find to worry about is a bunch of white guys (who are actually mostly Hispanic by the way) on horses trying to do their damn jobs and defend that southern border.

2 Likes

COVID Math

The only way to defend that clown Biden is to somehow try to attack/blame/reference Trump.

It’s terrible Shakespeare.

of course it provides the perfect escape from facing one’s own double standard

The media it seems have been living with the “12 million” number for a very long time. It’s not unreasonable to think that’s on the very bottom end of the scale. If the failing/flailing disaster know as Joe Biden is allowed to continue on its current course 12 million will be 20 by the next election…

And yes we re supposed to believe they are all waiting to stand in front of some overworked judge…

It’s laughable.

1 Like

Why the hell is that simple idea so hard to fathom?

1 Like